Chapter 10

Your Point of View

"When I was seven, I had this idea of what I wanted my family to look like. It was very nice. I was gonna get married when I was 25, have my first child at 30, and I didn't have the rest planned out. None of that is coming true. I'm very sorry. I didn't mean to walk out like that the other day. I'm sorry." I said. Normani kissed my forehead.

"It's okay." She said. I grabbed a bag from my book bag.

"I got you this. I mean, we don't know if it's a boy or a girl, but here you go. It's a koala onesie. I like koalas so the kid will probably like koalas." I said.

"That's adorable." Normani said. The doorbell rang, and Lil Man answered the door.

"Bitch, show up at this house again." Lil Man said. Norah walked in the house. He looked her and down.

"What's up, Norah?" I asked.

"You're O negative, right?" She said.

"Yeah. How did you know my blood type?" I said. She sighed.

"I need to talk to you alone." She said.

"Whatever you gotta say, say it." Lil Man said.

"I'm not playing with you, Shayaa. I will beat your ass. Wait, no! I'll get Logan to beat your ass." Norah said.

"I'm not scared of yo Hulk looking brother. I got guns." Lil Man said. Norah looked at me. I stood up, and we went outside.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Your virgin act is up." She said.

"Well I lost my virginity like three weeks ago, so it's up." I said using my hands to put quotations on 'virginity'.

"Y/N, the act was up four years ago." She said.

"Well not really. I mean, it was an act. I wasn't really a virgin." I said.

"I left because I got pregnant." Norah said.

"Did you tell Jackson? You know he's in jail right now. He beat this guy to death or something like that." I said.

"It was yours." She said. "I left with the baby and gave it up for adoption."

"You bitch!" I shouted.

"It wasn't my choice! It was my parents. I told you they forced me to leave. Well it was because I was pregnant." Norah said. A car drove up. A guy got out of a black SUV. He walked over to me.

"Y/N." He said.

"I don't have time right now." I said.

"Make time." He said pulling out a gun. Norah screamed. I punched him in the nose, and he fell.

"I said I don't have time." I said. The guy stood up.

"I'll be back." He said.

"Yeah, I hear that a lot." I said. I turned back to Norah.

"What could you possibly want? Why would you choose to tell me this now?" I asked.

"Well their adoptive parents brought them in. Their kidney is failing. I'm not a match, but you might be. Their blood type is O negative." She said.