Chapter 17

Your Point of View

"Come on! Go faster!" I said. Anderson flipped me off. I shot him with my nerf gun. "Work!"

"Is this even legal?" Dinah asked.

"Yes. He wanted to go and fight people in school, well he can do work." I said. He was almost finished putting the leaves in bags. "He's always been bad, but not this bad."

"He has to eat, so when he's done, send him inside." She said. I saluted her, and she walked back in the house.

"I'm done!" Anderson shouted.

"Run around the house twice." I said. He took off running. When he got to the front of the house, I tripped him. He fell and got back up. He continued to run until he came to the front of the house. "It's not fun to be bullied, is it? Do twenty push-ups. Chest to the ground."

Anderson got on the ground and started doing his push-ups. I put my foot on his back. "Keep going." I said. He did all of his push-ups perfectly. "Go in the house."

Anderson ran inside and looked at the bar. Dinah had like a whole buffet for him. "He's on punishment! Why does he get this much food?" I said.

"He started working at 6. It's 12. Let him eat." She said. I rolled my eyes and sat on the bar.

"Where's Mom?" Anderson asked.

"She's somewhere." I said. I knew where she was but I was not about to tell him. Anderson finished eating, and I made him go out back and clean the pool.

"Normani's gonna stop by in a few minutes to pick me up. We're going shopping while she's here." Dinah said.

"Okay." I said. "Anderson! Boy, you better be cleaning that pool."

"I am!" He said. The doorbell rang. I walked to open the door. Normani and Val were standing there. Normani ignored me.

"Hansen!" Val said hugging her. She hugged him back. I rolled my eyes.

"Oh, hi, Vaseline." I said. Dinah hit me.

"That's not his name?" I asked.

"Y/N, this is Val. Val, this is Y/N Carter. He calls people by their last name, by the way." Dinah said. I nodded.

"It's nice to meet you, Valentine's Day." I said.

"Nice to meet you too, Casket." He said.

"Listen, Vacuum...don't step to me. I will hurt you." I said.

"Corn dog, I don't think you want me to hurt you." He said.

"Bitch, swing on me." I said.

"Gladly." He said. He punched me in the face. I went to lunge for him, but Dinah and Normani got in front of us.

"Do not do this." Dinah said.

"Beat his ass!" Anderson shouted. I tried to grab Venezuela, but Normani knocked my hand away.

"I think we should leave before someone gets hurt." Dinah said. I nodded.

"What the hell going on?" Lil Man said. I ran over to him and hugged him.

"This punk ass dude wanna be punching people." I said. Anderson jumped in Lil Man's arms. Lil Man hugged him before putting him down. I grabbed Vocal Adrenaline and pushed him on the floor.