Chapter 14

Your Point of View

"Y/N, are you okay?" Dinah asked. I looked at her. She sighed and sat down beside me. "Get up."

"My brother just died." I said.

"He died a week ago. I don't want you rotting in this bed. Get up, and come downstairs with me." She said. Dinah ripped my covers off me. I got up and walked downstairs.

"Your mom gave me these videos. She thought it might cheer you up. She did say you were a lot different back then, so I want you to tell me why she said that." Dinah told me.

"I...I was in the glee club at my school." I mumbled.

"No you weren't." She said. I nodded.

"That's the only reason why I watched Glee. It was an assignment in class." I told her. She smiled.

"What else?" She asked.

"Three fourths of my grandparents were immigrants. That's why my mom has an accent. My dad doesn't have one though. I don't have the accent, but I mean it probably comes out wen I say certain words. When I was in high school, I had friends. Everyone that wasn't Jackson liked me. I played basketball too. Glee was my main priority." I said. Dinah hooked the video camera up to the TV.

"Are you ready?" Dinah asked. I shrugged.

"They're about to perform." I heard my mom say on the video.

"Oh God." I said. "I regret this." I said. Jake and I walked out on the stage. We were wearing black jeans and red hoodies.

"We'd like to thank the lovely Lady Warriors for helping us." Jake said winking at her. The song started playing, and I covered my eyes.

"Nope." Dinah said taking my hands down. I walked up front.

"Sittin' in the movie show thinkin' nasty thoughts." The fifteen year old me said. One of the girls came by and jumped in my arms. I wanted to run an hide at this point. The girl got out of my arms.

"You better be a gentleman or you'll turn me off. That's right lemme tell it." I heard her voice sing. I looked up. She smiled at the younger me in the video.

"Well damn. It's Bri." I said.

"Nasty, nasty boys don't mean a thing. Oh you nasty boys. Nasty, nasty boys don't ever change. All you nasty boys." The younger me sang as I danced with Jake.

"Don't like no nasty girl. I don't like a nasty fool. The only nasty thing I like is a nasty groove." Jake said.

"Who is that and why do I no have his number?" Dinah said.

"Probably because he's in Italy, and I haven't seen him since we graduated." I said. I looked at the screen. Jake and I were doing the chorus, but with better choreography this time. Bri did her solo.

"And who's that?" Dinah asked.

"No one." I said. Jake and I started singing the chorus for the last time. We did a pirouette and a back flip at the end. The crowd went wild. I fist bumped Jake in the video. The screen went to the next video.

"Hello, I'm Y/N." I said.

"Hello, I'm Jake." He said.

"I'm Evan, and I'm better than both of them." He said smiling. The younger me nodded. We looked each other in the eye.