Chapter 23

Your Point of View

"Y/N, why in the hell are there people setting up flowers everywhere outside? And why is there a red carpet leading up to a stage? Why are you wearing a suit?! You look so nice!" Anderson said.

"I'm asking Normani to be mine for a second time. I'm gonna ask her to be my girlfriend. I'm so nervous." I said.

"Don't be nervous. You look nice. You smell nice. And you have an amazing singing voice." Dinah said coming downstairs. She was wearing a red dress and her hair was curled. She dusted my suit off. "I've never seen you look so nice."

"Cause she doesn't like looking nice." Lil Man said brushing off his tux.

"I can look nice if I feel like it." I said. "There's a suit on your bed, Anderson. Go put it on." He saluted me and ran upstairs.

"I feel like my heart is gonna pump out of my chest. I'm so scared. What if she says no?" I said.

"Y/N, she is gonna say yes." Dinah said.

"Mommy, do I look nice?" Channing asked.

"You look absolutely stunning actually. I can't even believe this. You look better than me." I said. I slammed my hands by my side and put them on my hip. "Wait where's my ring?! I lost it!"

"It's right here. I have it." Lil man said. He handed it to me, and I put it in my jacket. Anderson ran downstairs.

"I look good. I love being cute." He said.

"Me too." Dinah said.

"Normani's on the street!" Frankie shouted. We walked outside, and I grabbed my guitar. Everyone got below the stage. Normani walked through the gate, and I started strumming.

"Hey, hey, hey. Your lipstick stains on the front lobe of my left side brains. I knew I wouldn't forget you. And so I went and let you blow my mind. Your sweet moonbeam. The smell of you in every single dream I dream.
I knew when we collided you're the one I have decided. Who's one of my kind." I said into the microphone. Normani just stood there with a shocked look on her face." I said.

"Hey, soul sister, ain't that Mr. Mister on the radio, stereo. The way you move ain't fair you know. Hey, soul sister, I don't wanna miss a single thing you do tonight." I said and Lil Man started clapping randomly.

Hey, hey, hey. Just in time, I'm so glad you have a one-track mind like me
You gave my life direction. A game show love connection, we can't deny
I'm so obsessed. My heart is bound to beat right out my untrimmed chest
I believe in you, like a virgin, you're Madonna. And I'm always gonna wanna blow your mind." I said.

"Hey, soul sister, ain't that Mr. Mister on the radio, stereo. The way you move ain't fair you know. Hey, soul sister, I don't wanna miss a single thing you do tonight. Way you can cut a rug. Watching you's the only drug I need
So gangster, I'm so thug. You're the only one I'm dreaming of. You see I can be myself now finally. In fact there's nothing I can't be. I want the world to see you'll be with me." I said looking into Normani's eyes. There were tears streaming down her face, and she wiped them.

"Hey, soul sister, ain't that Mr. Mister on the radio, stereo. The way you move ain't fair you know. Hey, soul sister, I don't wanna miss a single thing you do tonight. Hey, soul sister, I don't wanna miss a single thing you do tonight. Hey, hey, hey, tonight. Hey, hey, hey, tonight." I sang.

"Um, Normani Kordei Hamilton. I was never not in love with you, and I will never not be in love with you. You are the sun to my day. You make me a better person. You are an amazing person, and you will always be the mother of my child. I want to be with you for the rest of my life, but I don't have the guts to ask you to marry me, so I will ask you to be my girlfriend because I don't think I can go another day without calling you mine. I love you, Normani. You're the love of my life." I said. I hopped off the stage and got on one knee. I pulled the ring out of my jacket. I opened the box.