Chapter 8

Your Point of View

"Hi, baby." Normani said coming in. I was in the room with all of the little kids. Lily came over and sat next to me. I looked at her and nodded. I wrapped my arms around my baby cousin John. He giggled and smiled at me.

"Play 2k with me." Kevin said. I nodded and grabbed a controller. Normani came over and pecked my lips.

"Hey, it's time to go downstairs." She said.

"We just started playing." Kevin whined.

"We can play later come on." I said. I stood up and picked and Owen and Lily up. I walked downstairs. My aunt took them, and I sat on the bar.

"He's coming!" My mom shouted.

"Who's coming?" I asked.

"Just look and see." Dinah said. I rolled my eyes. The door opened, and I saw the bright blue eyes. That was the only thing I needed to see. Everyone ran to him. I got off the bar and walked over to Dinah.

"That's my dad." I said.

"Go see him." She said. I walked to the door, and he looked at me. I looked at him, and he smiled at me.

"Hey, Princess." He said. He hugged me, and I hugged him back.

"I missed you." I said.

"I missed you too." He said.

"You're not gonna smile." Normani said looking at me. I looked back at her.

"I'm not." I said.

"And that's okay." Dad said.

---

"Normani." I said coming in the guest room. I walked over to a side of the bed. Normani was sleeping soundly. I smiled and kissed her cheek. I was about to walk away, and she grabbed my arm.

"Stay with me. Don't go." She said. She kicked Dinah, and Dinah fell off the bed. She got up.

"I'm going to sleep with Alex." She said. I got in the bed with Normani. I wrapped my arms around her waist. She turned over to face me and kissed my lips. I kissed her back.

"Goodnight." I said. She hummed.

---

"Stop, Y/N." Normani said. I kissed her cheek over and over again.

"You're cute." I said.

"Did the Y/N Carter call Normani Hamilton cute? Is she getting mushy?" Dinah asked coming in with Lil Man. I let go of Normani and got on my phone.

"Nope. I don't think she was." Lil Man said.

"Are you serious, Y/N? You can't even have your arm around me around people?" Normani asked. I shrugged. Normani put her lips on mine and held my face. She pushed me back and straddled me.

"I'm gonna leave now. You're coming with me." Dinah said pulling Lil Man out. "I'm gonna lock the door!" She shouted. I kissed Normani back and sat up. I flipped us over, and she put her hand on my chest.

"Nope. You wanted to sit there and act like you didn't want me in front of them." Normani said.

"No I didn't. I didn't mean to." I said.

"Yes you did." She said getting up. She walked to the door and left. I stood up and followed her. She went in the room with Lil Man and Dinah.

"Normani thinks I'm embarrassed of her. I would like to say this." I said standing on the coffee table.