Chapter 20

Your Point of View

"Can you actually hit that note?" Brendon asked. I rolled my eyes.

"Yes, I can hit that note." I said. "Cause I'm getting sucked in to the dark side." I said hitting the high note.

"Fine, you can have that one. I still have one." Brendon says.

"Well we all have one." Pete said.

"Okay, so we should practice the last chorus." Brendon said.

"Okay, I'm going first, right?" Pete asked. We nodded.

"So forget about me." He belted.

"So forget about me." I followed.

"So forget about me." Brendon harmonized perfectly.

"Cause I'm getting sucked in to the dark side!" We said together. They smiled and laughed.

"Okay, we can record it now for sure." Brendon said. We walked into the booth. I looked at Anderson and he pressed play. We recorded about 20 times before it was absolutely perfect.

"Can I be you?" Pete asked me.

"Yeah. I wanna be Brendon." I said.

"Well I'll be Pete." Brendon said.

"There's nothing left for me here!" Pete sang loudly.

"It's a hell of a feeling though!" I said loudly.

"My songs know what you did in the dark!" Brendon said.

"I have to go. I love you my mixed sister." Pete said kissing my head.

"I love you too." I said. He hugged Brendon walked upstairs. Brendon kissed my cheek.

"I have to go too. I love you." Brendon said.

"I love you too." I said. He walked upstairs.

"Okay. That's three of the feature songs so far. I did Lil Man, Ariana, and Brendon and Pete." I said.

"Who else is there?" He asked.

"I'm thinking Kendrick, Zayn, Beyoncé, Rihanna, and I wanted to see if that one band twenty one pilots wanted to do something." I said.

"Aren't they the ones that be talking about shooting people?" Anderson asked.

"Yeah, but I can't judge because Lil Man literally talks about shooting people's whole blocks." I said.

"True." Anderson said. I walked back upstairs with him, and Dinah looked at me.

"What?" I asked.

"Why's your voice scratchy?" She asked.

"No reason." I said.

"Hit a C5." She said. I sang it for her.

"That's a studio down there." She said.

"How would you know?" I asked.

"One, I'm not blind. I saw Pete Wentz and Brendon Urie. Do I look stupid? Two, you don't just hit a note like that without warming up. You can't do that unless you've been practicing or you're just Super Woman." Dinah said.

"Or unless I have perfect pitch." I said.

"You do not." She said.

"I have a photographic memory. I could have perfect pitch too." I said.

"You don't." She said.

"I don't know. I could." I said. I grabbed a water from the fridge.

"Can I go down there now?" Dinah asked.