Chapter 25

Your Point of View

"Now who the hell knocking at my door like the damn police? Y'all ain't police are you? Lord, please don't be the police. I'm not gone be able to go back to jail. These young girls gone get they ass beat." I heard. The door opened. "Well I'll be damned."

"Hi, Grandma." I said.

"George, I think I'm losing my damn mind. I know good and goddamn well Y/N is not standing here." She said. He walked to the door.

"What the hell going on? Yo mama finally died? You can't stay with us. Na ah. You gotta go to a group home or a whatever the hell they send little grown ass children." Uncle George said.

"No, but I'm dying." I said.

"Hush yo mouth. Get in the house. You dying. What did you do? You messing with them gangbangers again? I told yo ass not to be playing in these streets. Now I ain't been out there in a long time, but I guess I could put a little something something together." She said.

"No, Grandma. I have cancer. I don't need you to kill somebody. I wanted to give you this." I said handing her a check. I sat down on the couch.

"George, this check say a million dollars!" She shouted.

"A million dollars? What the hell you do? You pulled a Set It Off didn't you? I knew yo ass was the smart one. I'm getting a nice suit and a nice car and a nice hoe. Ha ha! I'm gone be looking sharp!" George said.

"Shut the hell up, George. How you get this money? Did you scam some people? Did you reach into ya African roots and scam people? Lord, tell me you didn't take no old person's retirement money." Grandma said.

"I'm a singer and an actress and a bunch of other stuff. I just wanted to give you some money since I'll be gone soon." I said.

"I appreciate you dying. Thank you so much, niece. See this why you my favorite." Uncle George said.

"You said Aunt Delilah was your favorite." I said.

"Well Delilah didn't give me a million dollars." He said. He laughed and slapped his leg.

"Correction. She gave me a million dollars not you." Grandma said.

"If you don't split it, I will tell yo parole officer you was smoking up in the house." George said.

"I-you-boy, I wish the hell you would. I'd put carbon dioxide all up in the fucking house while you sleeping. Keep playing with me." She said.

"Okay, well I have to go. I love you." I said.

"Love you too, baby. If you see my son...tell him I said to bring his ass down to see me. Hell. What the hell wrong with him? He ain't seen his mama in about ten, fifteen, nineteen, twenty years." She said.

"Will do." I said.

"Bye, Uncle George." I said.

"Bye, Y/N. have a nice time before you die. Thank you for the money." He said. I nodded and left the house. I got in my car and drove to the next person's house.

It was a small house on the outskirts of town. I knocked on the door. A tall women in just a short red robe answered. "Uh...hello? I'm here for Frank." I said. "I think he lives here. Well that's what I was told by the internet."

"I'm Lana." She said looking me up and down. She had a very thick accent. I looked inside of the house. "Frank, someone's here."

"Yes." A man said coming to me. He had a very thick accent. He had blue eyes and thick grey hair. He was pretty tall. He was muscular and handsome.