Chapter 53

Your Point of View

DAY 3

"Yes, my name is Leilani Martinez. I was born to a white mother and a white father. Can I just say that I am utterly shocked that someone would use these words in 2017. I'm flabbergasted." Lani said. I burst out in laughter.

"Ma'am we found your records from Middle and high school. You've been suspended five times for calling people racial slurs." I said. She put her sunglasses on.

"I can't see. I suddenly can't read. I have to leave." She said.

"Joanna the Scammer, take those dumbass glasses off." Ace said.

"Fuck y'all. When they ask me what race I am, I'm saying white." She said. "It'll make us look better and maybe they won't find my records."

"Your name is Leilani Martinez." I said.

"Bitch I'll stab you." She said.

"I'm gonna say my great grandfather was white." Vaughn said fixing his tie.

"Well that's true." Roger said.

"I'm saying my great great great great great grandpa was white. Ima say he was kicking it with the slave ladies." Booney said.

"Sweetie, do you know what happened to the slave women?" I asked. He looked confused. "Never mind."

There was a knock at the door. I walked over to it and opened the door. "Y/N!" Grandpa said.

"Grandpa!" I said hugging him.

"Wait yo granddaddy really is white?!" Lani asked.

"Yes." I answered.

"I'm gonna go ahead to the studio." He said.

"Okay, bye." I said. He smiled and walked off. I shut the door and every body started screaming.

"I know damn well you didn't bring your granddaddy here for this." Lani said.

"Yes the hell I did." I said. "I love him."

---

"So on my show tonight I have the two people at the heart of a fire storm. Reporter Samuel Hawkes was caught on video saying racial slurs about entertainer Y/N Carter and rapper 21 Savage. Tonight we have Samuel Hawkes, Bill O'Reilly, Tucker Carlson, Anne Coulter, Angela Rye, Quanell X, Van Jones, Y/N Carter, 21 Savage or Shayaa Joseph, Leilani Martinez, Benjamin Andrews, JeVaughn Taylor, Andrew Santos, Roger Williams, Sayvion Jackson, and Y/N's grandfather Franklin Carter." Rachel Maddow said. It was a like a stare down in that room.

"So let's start with Samuel. What do you have to say about this whole situation?" Rachel said.

"I feel like it was blown out of proportion. I was just upset after the interview. I would never say anything like that. I'm sorry, Y/N." He said.

"You're saying you would never do that, but on Facebook you actually liked a picture of someone driving a child with the caption 'when your daughter's first crush is a negro boy'. So was it really an accident or are you just using that apology because she's right here in front of you?" Angela said. He shut the hell up quick.

"First of all, it was my show she was on. I was absolutely upset when she left. She disrespected us and the people that protect our lives everyday." Bill O'Reilly said.

"First of all, I said I didn't like the bad police not all of them. Number two, me saying I didn't like Fox because most of the people there are racist and him calling me a racial slur are two different things, okay?" I said.