Chapter 55

Your Point of View

"The seven day crisis is going down in history as the Y/N Carter Riots of 2017." The reporter said. We all cheered.

"That's my girl!" Booney said.

"Seventy people died and one hundred and nine were injured. Y/N and her friends committed suicide soon after the riots started. President Trump will be holding a memorial for the innocent people that lost their lives." The reporter said.

"How the fuck you cause the biggest riot in American history?" Lil Man asked.

"I don't know." I said laughing.

"You talked to Norah?" Lani asked.

"Oh shit! No I didn't. She probably thinks I'm dead." I said grabbing my phone. I called her and walked out in the hallway.

"Hello?" She said.

"Norah, it's me." I said. "Don't say my name."

"Oh my fuck! I thought you were fucking dead! What the fuck?! I told Channing his mom was dead, you know why? Because the news said you and everybody else did a fucking mass suicide like you were fucking Jim Jones!" Norah shouted.

"They compared me to Jim Jones?! He told people they were going to the promise land, trapped them in a different country, then made them drink kool-aid with cyanide. The note said we couldn't handle the pressure and jumped off a cliff. That's no where near that fucking Satan ass bitch Jim Jones." I said.

"Hola, mamí." I guy said walking by.

"Hola, papí." I said.

"I don't give a fuck about Jim Jones life story. Where are you? It doesn't sound like America." She said.

"Somewhere. Don't worry about it. Can I talk to Channing?" I said.

"Fuck no. He thinks you're dead. You know how he is. I put you on the phone with him, and he'll have a fucking heart attack." Norah said.

"You're right. Tell him then put me on the phone with him." I said.

"What? No. I'll try to tell him tonight. Then you can talk to him tomorrow. Is it the same time here and there?" She said.

"Nope." I lied.

"Okay well I'll call you in the morning before he goes to school, alright?" She said.

"Okay. I'll answer." I said.

"I hate you so much for all of this." She said.

"Love you too. Bye!" I said hanging up. I walked back in the room.

"I never thought in a million years I'd be in Cuba, escaping the American government with you people." Ace said.

"You people? Say that again and I'll bust you in yo damn mouth." Lani said.

"I meant you people as in this group of people specifically. I mean, if one thing was different we wouldn't be here. If I had actually killed Y/N, if that news reporter wouldn't have been racist, if I hadn't moved from Brazil when I was five. There are just so many different things that could have changed this outcome, but we ended up here together." Ace said.