Chapter 35

Your Point of View

"And today Y/N Marie Carter is officially cancer free!" Doctor Aaron said. Norah, Channing, Anderson, Normani, Rachel, Niecy, Lana, and Emmy clapped for me. I bowed.

"And now I can finally grow my fucking hair back." I said. Normani kissed me, and I kissed back. Everyone went back to what they were supposed to be doing. We left the hospital and went back home.

"I got so lucky with you." Normani said.

"Me? I don't think I'd be the person I am without you." I said. She got up and walked to the kitchen. "You want me to cook dinner tonight?"

"No, we're not having dinner tonight." She said. I smirked.

"Why? So I can eat you instead?" I asked.

"No because my water broke." She said.

"Are you sure? Maybe it was just water from a bottle or something." I said.

"I think I can feel the water coming down my legs." She said. I saw her face. "I'm having a contraction. This is real!" She said bending over. I stood up and ran over to her.

"Okay, you know we have like a bunch of more hours until we really have to go to the hospital." I said.

"Y/N, if you want to fuck while I'm in labour, I will bite your dick off." Normani said.

"Well let's get you to the hospital." I said. I grabbed the baby bag and put her in the car. "Dinah, the baby is coming!"

She ran downstairs. She pushed passed me and got in the car. I drove to the hospital calmly while Normani would scream and cuss me out every couple of minutes. When we got to the hospital, I pointed at Normani. "My wife is having a baby." I said.

They brought a wheelchair over and took her too a room. She got changed into a hospital gown. "Hello, I'm Doctor Dowling. Oh, sweet Jesus it's you." Norah's mom said. I waved.

"Hey, Mrs. D." I said.

"I'm so sorry you married this fool, Normani, is it?" She said.

"I am too." Normani said. I smiled.

"Okay, so we're gonna see how far you are?" She said pulling up Normani's gown. "How many are you having?"

"I don't know. I wanted it to be a surprise." Normani said.

"Well surprise there's more than one. You're ten centimeters already." She said. She grabbed an ultrasound machine and put the gel on Normani's stomach. She had the same expression on her face, so I couldn't make out if there was something wrong. She put it away.

"Is everything okay?" Normani asked.

"Well one is. The other is not so lucky. We're gonna have to take you to the OR immediately." Doctor Dowling said.

"Wait why?" I asked.

"One of the babies umbilical cord is wrapped around their neck. We have to do an emergency c-section." She said.

"Of course you do." I said. I bent down to Normani's level. I kissed her. "I'll be waiting for you."

"Y/N, I'm scared." She said.

"Don't be. It'll be fine." I said. Doctor Dowling called her team, and they rolled her out. Dinah looked at me before walking out in the hallway. I followed her. I stood at the door where the operation rooms were.

"Have you told Normani?" Dinah asked.

"No." I answered.

"Do you plan to?" Dinah asked.