Chapter 54

Your Point of View

DAY 5

'Fuck that Police' blared through the streets. We sat in lawn chairs in the middle of the street with coolers in front of us. My phone ranged. I picked it up.

"I went to the airport because we were supposed to get home today. The people tell me that all flights to America have been cancelled, and no one can get in or out. I then ask why and they point to the news. The whole fucking country is in a state of emergency because Y/N Carter started the biggest riot in U.S. history. It's not just a few states. Thirty eight out of fifty states are rioting. Alaska and Hawaii are the only ones that aren't." Norah said.

"Oh yeah you missed a lot." I said.

"They won't let us out of Sweden, Y/N! I am trapped in a different country with our son. Do I look like I speak fucking Swedish? I don't." She said.

"I can give you Zara Larsson's number. She's Swedish." I said.

"I don't want to fucking talk to Zara Larsson! I want get out of here!" She shouted. My phone buzzed, and I saw I was getting a call.

"Hold on." I said switching calls.

"Y/N, you need to go. They called in a SWAT team for you. You have to get out of the country. They froze all of your assets, and they're coming to your house. You have to get out of the country." Officer Marshall said. I stood up and looked at everyone.

"What?" I asked.

"I have to go, but look. Get all of the money you have in your house and leave the country. The statute of limitations for inciting a riot is two years. You have to go somewhere for two years. Now!" He said hanging up. I hung up on Norah before she could talk.

"Fuck!" I shouted.

"What?" Lani asked.

"The SWAT team is coming. We incited a riot or something. That's prison time. We have to go now." I said. Everyone got up and ran in the house. "Grab all the money you can find. Get whatever you feel. We leave in a minute sharp."

I ran upstairs and grabbed my book bag. I opened the safe in my closet. I had had this plan for two days now. Of course I didn't know I'd actually need to use it. I grabbed my boat keys, van keys, the five hundred thousand dollars, phone, charger and the note. I put it all except the note in my bag and ran downstairs. They were standing there. I put the note on the counter.

"We better go now." Sayvion said. I ran out of the back door and told them to follow me. There were only woods behind my house, so no one could see us. I ran to the black van in the back.

"How the fuck did you get this?!" Vaughn asked. I got inside. Lil Man and Anderson got in the front. Vaughn, Lani, Sayvion, Booney, Ace, and Roger all sat in the back. I drove full speed out of the woods and onto the street.

"So we have three hours until we get to Savannah. I have a boat there under the name of Marianna Cruz. This car is in the name of Alejandro Lopez. Anderson's picture is on the ID by the way. When we get to the port, we'll leave the van here. When we get on the boat, it will take eight hours to get to Cuba. In Cuba, my uncle Ernesto is fucking loaded. He owns fancy hotels. He'll let us stay there. Everyone will have to take up fake names. We'll stay there for two years until the statute of limitations are up." I said.

"Where do people think we are?" Sayvion asked.

"They think we jumped off the big ass cliff in Kansas." I said.

"Fuck we supposed to do when we get back?" Lani asked.

"I haven't quite figured it out yet." I said.