Chapter 38

Your Point of View

"It's just good to be home. I get home sick if I don't come to Dizzy Gillespie in at least a month." I said.

"Well it's good to have you back. It's been boring around here unless Ace came." Booney said. I shrugged.

"He's very obsessive." I said.

"I know. All he ever asked was where you were like I should know." Lexi said. A kid came up to the porch. I looked at him. He was dark skin with brown eyes and wavy black hair. He was kind of tall, but not quite.

"You're Y/N Carter." He said.

"That's me." I said.

"My name's Darren." He said. I nodded. "I'm in a group with my friends. We want you to make us famous."

"I'm sorry, but I don't do that." I said.

"Please. My mom couldn't even get groceries for us yesterday. It's hard here. You know what it's like." He said.

"I'm sorry about that, but I don't do that. Call me in a couple years when you are famous and you need me to make a song for you." I said.

"Why can't you just do it now?" He asked.

"Y/N." Lani said.

"I don't make people famous. I'm not a manager. I don't own a record company." I said. The little boy waved three more boys over. One was short, and he was brown skin with brown eyes. He had black hair in twist. He was short. Another one was tall, and he had a light skin complexion with green eyes and messy brown hair. The last one was tall and tan. He had blue eyes and wavy brown hair. He kind of looked like a young Doctor Shepard from Grey's Anatomy.

"I can't help you boys. I'm sorry." I said. They ignored me.

"Where's Landon?" Darren asked the boys. They shrugged. "This is Cameron." He said pointing to the boy with twist.

"This is Charlie." He said pointing to the one with corn rows. "And this is Austin." He said pointing to the young Doctor Shepard.

"Damnit. You want my attention. Well here you go. Perform right now." I said.

"Right now?" Darren asked. He looked around.

"If you want to be a performer, you have to always be ready. You're not ready which means you're wasting my time." I said standing up.

"Please don't go. We can do it." Darren said.

"Apparently not. Keep working on it." I said. I looked at Lani and Booney. "I'll come back later."

I walked to my car, and they followed me. I opened my door and got in. I heard humming beside me. I looked at the boys outside of my car. They were singing very quietly. I went to shut my door when something jumped on my roof. It jumped off my car onto the ground. It was a boy. He was was light skin with brown eyes and wavy black hair. He was tall and just had this smirk on his face.

"Mr. Telephone Man. There's something wrong with my line. When I dial my baby's number, I get click every time." He belted. "Mr. Telephone Man. There's something wrong with my line. When I dial my babies number, I get click every time." They sang together. I looked at them.

"So y'all are a boy band?" I asked. They nodded.

"We decided to go with Maverick Thoughts. That's our name." Charlie said.

"I'm not even signed to a record label. I'm also not a manager." I said.

"Please help us out of here." Cameron said.