Chapter 27

Your Point of View

"Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday dear Y/N. Happy birthday to you!" Normani, Dinah, Channing, Anderson, and Lil Man sang. I sat up and looked at the cupcake. I wish this tumor goes the hell away or it just takes me out.

I blew out my candle and smiled. I put the cupcake on the nightstand. "Happy birthday, baby." Normani said kissing me. I kissed back.

"Thank you." I said.

"Open my gift, fucker." Anderson said handing me a box. I opened it. There was just paper.

"Anderson, did you give me an empty box again?" I asked. He nodded and smiled.

"Here you go. I got this made." He said handing me a picture. It was from when he was younger. Lil Man and I had dressed him up like Simba. I was shirtless and I had grey sweatpants on. I was holding him up like the beginning of the Lion King.

"Wait that's actually really nice, Anderson." I said. He smiled.

"I know it is." He said. I put the picture on my nightstand.

"Here you go, Y/N." Dinah said. It was a gift box. I lifted the top. It was a shirt with her face on it.

"I'm wearing this everyday until I die." I said.

"You gone wear it for a month?" Anderson asked. Normani smacked him. Lil Man handed me a bracelet. It had 'Lil Man' on it. He lifted his wrist to show his. It said 'Y/N'.

"You got friendship bracelets!" Anderson said.

"I made this for you, Mommy!" Channing said. It was a drawing of us holding hands.

"Thank you very much, Channing." I said. He smiled and hugged me. Anderson handed me a letter.

"What's this?" I asked.

"It's Mateo's birthday gift." Anderson said. I grabbed it and looked it.

"I didn't even read the note he gave me when he died." I said.

"Well I suggest you read it." Anderson said. I put beside me.

"So what's the plan for today?" Normani asked sitting next to me.

"Nothing." I said.

"You can do nothing. It's your 21st birthday!" Normani said. I shrugged.

"It's whatever." I said. "I'm gonna go back to sleep for a while."

---

"You know it's really hard to find you if you keep running away from me." A guy said.

"Tell Ace to go fuck himself." I said.

"How about you tell me yourself?" The familiar voice said. I turned around.

"Go fuck yourself, Alexander." I said. He snapped, and two of his goons grabbed me. I looked at him. I got a headache and screamed out.

"I heard you were dying." He said.

"I am." I said.