** Part 2 **

"Hello? Is anyone there?" A voice asked.

She sounded exactly the same.

"Syn if you're prank calling me again I'm gonna kick your ass." They said again.

That was definately Val.

"Hello?" I said back.

"Hello? Who is this?" Val asked already irritated.

"Your guardian angel." I said as I repeated the line we said to each other in high school.

There was silence for a minute and for a second I thought she hung up on me.

"Cynthia?" She asked in disbelief.

I laughed since I was happy that she remembered me.

"The one and only babe." I said.

"Oh my God! I can't believe it! How have you been?!" She yelled.

"I've been ok. I was just looking throuhg my yearbook and I saw your number. How have you been? What's been going on?" I asked.

"Wow, so much has changed. I've been great. I'm happy. Very, very happy. What havebeen up to? Still beating off guys with a stick?" She asked with a quiet laugh.

"Haha. Now I am. I just brokek up with my boyfriend last week so..." I trailed off.

"I'm sorry honey. Are you ok?" She asked me.

"I'm great. Now I know that you are still beating off all of those guys trying to get at you." I said.

That made her laugh.

"No, just one. My boyfriend Matt." Val said, I could tell she was smiling.

"Is that the same Matt you were always yapping about in school?" I asked.

"Yeah, the same one." Val said.

"Holy shit. Congrats. You guys have been together for years." I said in astonishment.

"He's a great guy. I love him." She said simply.

I could tell by the way she talked about him that he was the one for her.

I couldn't be happier for her.

She deserved to be happy more then anyone I know.

It just made me feel like I was really missing something great.

"So, hows your twin been? Michelle, right?" I asked trying to change the subject.

She huffed angrily.

"What's wrong?" I asked her.

"It's not you. I'm just really mad at my sister right now." She said angrily.

"That's weird. You guys always got along great." I said.

"We did. But she started going out with one of my friends and then cheated on him." Val said in a disgusted voice.

Val couldn't see it but my mouth dropped open.

I was silent for a minute not really knowing what to say.

"I'm sorry Cynthia. I didn't meant o unload all my frustration out on you. It's just so easy to talk to you and since me and Michelle aren't talking right now there's no one I can talk to who will really understand." Val said.

"Don't even worry about it Val. You can always talk to me. I would feel the same as you in that situation. I didn't even think Michelle would do something like that." I said in disbelief.