Silent Night

A/N: Art credit: Razzlicat - DeviantArt (also this picture has nothing to do with this chapter, but I thought it was cute =P)

(Seán's P.O.V.)

It's completely silent in the house. It's around two in the morning, and I simply cannot sleep. I got out of bed without waking Mark up, and now I'm just in the living room, standing in front of the window and looking at the street outside. It's three days till Christmas, and I can't wait. I have a lot planned for that day. The year anniversary of Mark and I. 

Last year he asked me out on Christmas, and we've been together ever since. This year I plan to propose. Make a new anniversary. I'm positive he'll say yes, which is why I'm so excited. But I'm also nervous, just cause there's that small chance. There always is, with everything. I hope he doesn't suspect anything. I don't think he does.

I sigh, smiling. I moved out here only a couple months ago and I absolutely love being with Mark. I was worried it'd strain our relationship, but I think it's only made us closer. I mean, yes, we've had our rough patches. But we're still together, and we'll never leave each other. I just keep staring at the street until I feel a pair of arms wrap around my waist. 

I chuckle. "What're you doing up Marki?" I ask, still staring out the window. 

"I could ask you the same thing." He says, his voice deeper than usual and laced with sleep. I shrug slightly.

"I couldn't sleep." I answer simply, and he only hums in response. 

"I woke up and the bed felt cold, so I wanted to come get you." He says, making me smile. I close my eyes, putting my hands on Marks.

"I'll be up in a second. You go back to bed." I say. He puts his head on my shoulder. 

"Not without you." He says and I roll my eyes, but don't argue. So we're back to the silence, the two of us standing there, staring out the window. Mark slowly starts rocking back and forth, bringing me with him as he just kind of sway from side to side.

"What are you doing?" I ask and he just shushes me. Silence... And then, quietly but beautiful nonetheless, he starts singing. 

"Silent night... Holy night... All is calm... All is bright..." I smile, closing my eyes and listening to the voice I love so much. "Round yon Virgin, mother and child... Holy infant so tender and mild... Sleep in heavenly peace... Sleep in heavenly peace..." I feel myself drift off, my mind taking me to the place one can call sleep, but I stay awake as well. Mark continues, just singing it over again. Softer, calmer.

"Silent night... Holy night... All is calm... All is bright... Round yon Virgin, mother and child... Holy infant so tender and mild... Sleep in heavenly peace... Sleep in heavenly peace..." I open my eyes then, knowing that if I didn't I'd fall asleep in an instant. And as soon as I open my eyes I gasp, eyes widening and smile brightening. 

"Look." I whisper, and Mark chuckles. It's silent once more as we watch the snow fall to the ground, a rare occurrence in LA. It doesn't stick to the ground, of course. But I don't care. It's beautiful. 

"It's a Christmas miracle." Mark whispers and I nod slowly, eyes closing as I drift off again. "I think it's time for bed." He says, chuckling, and I nod. 

"Mhm." Is all I say and soon Mark and I are laying in bed, the night silent once more as I fall asleep in his arms, his voice still ringing in my head as the song repeats.

A/N: Again, short, I know. I'm sorry. But it'd be wrong to drag this on any longer. So, I apologize. But I like it. It's cute! =) I hope you guys liked it too!