A Normal School Day

It's advisory now, a fifteen minute period before lunch where we can do some schoolwork we need to work on. However, since our advisory teacher normally steps out for the entire period, most people just use the time to talk. But our advisory teacher is my mom, so I have to do schoolwork otherwise she'll talk to me after school about it and blah, blah, blah. 

It's a headache, but that's what happens when your mom is a teacher at your high school. One of your teachers no less. It doesn't make it any better that she's very strict. A lot of my classmates and good friends don't really like her, with good reason. But what's even worse is who she hates.

Every teacher has a student they hate with a burning passion. I mean, that's true everywhere. But it just so happens that the kid my mom hates is Seán William McLoughlin. My best friend. My partner in crime. My fellow nerd. My boyfriend. She doesn't know. She will never know. She already hates Seán, if she knew we were together she'd flip.

But anyways, again I'm just spending this time to get some work done. I'm working on a math problem when I all of a sudden feel a pair of arms wrap around my neck. I sigh, putting my calculator down and looking up to see Seán's smiling face looking down on me. 

"Hi." He says quietly, staring into my eyes lovingly. I smile back.

"Hi." I put my hands on his hands, only to pull his arms from around my neck. "You know we can't do that here." He frowns.

"Why?" He says, sitting in my lap and putting his arms around me again. I look at the door in a paranoid manner. 

"Cause my mom hates you." 

"I know."

"And if she knows then she'll hate you even more."

"I know."

"And if any adult sees they'll tell her."

"I know."

"Then get the fuck off of me Seán." I chuckle, looking at him in disbelief. "God, you are hopeless." He shrugs, looking at the door as well. 

"Yeah, well... I know your mom hates me. If I'm completely honest I hate her too. But... I love you. I love you so much and I hate always having to dodge around that woman. If she wants to treat me differently after she knows we're together, then fine. But she can't stop us from being together." He shrugs, trying to persuade me. But I shake my head.

"Seán, she'll keep me from seeing you outside of school. She'll find someway to keep me from seeing you in school. If she finds out, we're done for." He frowns, nodding sadly.

"Yeah... I figured as much..." He sighs, looking at the floor and biting his lip. I put my hands on his waist, smiling. 

"I'll come over later. Promise. But for now, please. I don't want to get in trouble with my mom." I say. He nods, getting off my lap and instead just sitting in the desk next to mine. 

"Why does she hate me anyways?" He asks softly, and I just shrug. 

"I have no clue."

"Probably has something to do with my attitude."

"You do joke around a lot, and talk in class, and... Well you're the stereotypical troublemaker basically." This earns me a smack in the arm. I put my hands up in self-defense. "It's true!" 

"Yeah, yeah, I know. But still. She literally banned me from being in the classroom one day because I played a prank on Felix who would have done the exact same thing to me. Who has done the exact same thing to me and didn't get punished!" He raises his voice a bit in exaggeration. I nod, remembering. 

"Yeah, and the amount of times she's threatened to call your parents for joking around (like half the class) is absolutely off the charts." I add. He points to me. 

"Exactly! It's not that I'm even that bad of a student! I'm no worse then some others in here. And yet I'm treated ten times worse." 

And that's when I thought strikes. "Is it possible she knows?"

Seán freezes, tenses a bit, and then shakes his head slowly. "How would she know?"

"Our P.E teacher. Ken's mom. Ken knows about us, and probably told his mom. Is it possible she told her?"

He shakes his head. "No, no. Even if Ken did tell his mom, Mrs. Morrison wouldn't have said. She knows how much your mom hates me. She wouldn't do that to us..."

I sigh. "Guess you're right... But still. Something to think about." He nods in agreement, and then looks at me, smiling.

"I love you so much Mark Fischbach." 

"And I love you Seán McLoughlin." 

We lean closer to each other just for a quick kiss but we're quickly interrupted by Felix yelling "Mrs. Fischbach is coming back!" 

And everyone returns to their seats, Seán and I once again ignoring each other for the remained of the day. Like normal. Like every day. Cause no matter how much I want to tell her and hope that she'd understand, I know she'd just force Seán and I apart, and I'd rather be forced to ignore him in school than never be able to speak to him. Cause I love him. And my mom's opinions will never change that.

A/N: I know this is short but it's cute. I got this idea because two friends of mine are dating, however (like Mark and Jack) it's a secret because her mom hates him with a burning passion. So I wanted to write a little something cause it's just SO GOD DAMN ADORABLE! AGH! Okay I'm done now =P Hope you enjoyed! =) <3