Demon or Angel

A/N: Dark x Jack (cause why the fuck not (I also use some CartoonJunkie shit here so yeah)) so you have been warned (also heavy fluff...what is my life)

(Seán's P.O.V.)

When my best friend Mark and I died at Pax West, I didn't know what was going to happen. I had no clue where we'd go, what had happened, if we even existed anymore. And then we both appeared almost on top of a cloud, with bright new wings, halos above our head, and the darker parts of us falling deep below to the pits of hell. 

We were told by other angels about the shooting, and how we were the only innocent ones that died thanks to our sacrifice. That was when I remembered jumping in front of that one little girl, the pain of getting shot in the back multiple times. I just wanted to protect her. Ellie was her name. After I got shot, Mark fought off the attacker. 

The attacker shot Mark, and then himself, and that was that. I had no chance, Mark died in surgery. And so there we were, welcomed into heaven as angels and heroes. Mark fit in, that was for sure. He made friends with everyone almost instantly, and was happy. I made a few friends, and I continued talking to Mark for a little bit, but I always had a bit of a nagging something in my mind. 

But I belong in heaven. I belong here, as an angel, with my halo and my wings. Mark and I are still friends, though we don't talk as much. I've holed myself up in my house more then I used to, because I met him. 

It was a while ago now, almost a year. A demon somehow crawled up here, no one really knew how. He wasn't planning on wreaking havoc, but we all chased him out anyways. But the next day, secretly, he came and met me in the garden. He looked a lot like Mark, and I recognized him as Mark's dark side... Dark. 

We would secretly meet in the garden every week, and then every day. And then he made secret passages to get from his home in hell to my home in the clouds, so we were meeting every day and hanging out almost every hour. And then he did something that I never expected him to do. He kissed me.

A demon fell for an angel, how about that? And that angel fell for him in return. So now we're dating, and if we ever want to go on dates we fall to the middle ground, an area for both demons and angels, though we try to stay out of sight. Mainly our relationship is just romantic, with peppered kisses here and there, though it's obvious Dark wants more. 

But that's not the only disagreement we have.

***

"You don't belong here Seán!" Dark tries to convince me yet again that I don't belong in heaven. I throw my hands up, shrugging. 

"I don't know. I am here, and my dark side is down there. I belong here!"

"You don't have a dark side down there!" He tells me, just like every time. But I saw my dark side fall, I know I did. Not that I don't trust Dark, but maybe my dark side doesn't socialize and that's why he thinks I don't have a dark side down there. 

"I know I do, I saw him." 

"You saw me and a shadow. That shadow never fully fell." He continues arguing, holding my waist softly. I shake my head a bit, narrowing my eyes. This is new... He never told me this before.

"What do you mean he never truly fell?" I ask, curious more than anything. He shrugs a bit, taking one hand and running it through my hair, trying to stay careful of my halo floating above my hair. 

"I don't know. I kept going, that shadow just stopped at the middle ground. I didn't see what happened afterward." He speaks softly, almost as if he doesn't want to hurt me even though he never could. I stare at his crimson eyes, shaking my head a bit.