Tying the Knots

(Mark's P.O.V.)

I grumble, trying to tie the black tie properly over my red dress shirt. I've been trying to get it done for the last three minutes, and it's really starting to annoy me. I look pretty good otherwise, with my red dress shirt and black dress pants. I also have on black dress shoes and a dark gray suit jacket. But this damn tie, which will finish the outfit, refuses to work for me.

I hum in anger, undoing the tie yet again. And I start trying to tie it yet again. I swear to god if I don't get it this time, I'm just going to go without a tie or something, cause this is so stupid. "Stupid rewards show. Stupid outfit. Stupid fancy people. Stupid tie..." I mumble as I try to tie it and fail miserably. And then...

I hear a knock at my door. 

"Hey Marki... You done getting ready yet?" The Irish accent I've grown to love so much speaks from behind me. I groan, my face tinted pink, something that always happens when he's around no matter my mood. He chuckles, making me smile just a small bit. "I'm going to take that as a no."

I turn and look at my boyfriend, and his eyes immediately go to my tie. He shakes his head disapprovingly. "Where did you learn to tie a tie Mark?" He sighs, walking up to me and grabbing the tie around my neck, working on tying it neatly. I look to the side as he smiles, content with fixing my outfit. 

"You know I could do it by myself." I say, keeping up my normal independent facade. He laughs, making me frown slightly, still looking at the wall to the side.

"I doubt that. You've been up here for five minutes, and I know for a fact that it only takes two minutes for you to get dressed and do your hair." He says, and I shrug slightly, cheeks still pink. The rest of the time is silent, and then it's done and I'm all dressed and ready to go. I look back at Seán to see him looking at me with a warm smile. "You look amazing."

"You do too." I say and he looks to the ground, blushing. He never believes me, no matter how much I've told him. He wears an outfit similar to mine, but his jacket (which is downstairs) is black and his shirt is a dark blue. I put my thumb and forefinger on his chin, lifting his head so he looks at me. "You always look amazing."

He closes his eyes, smiling. "Thank you." He says it in a soft voice. I wrap him up in a hug, closing my eyes and putting my head on top of his head while he buries his face in my chest. 

"I'm so proud of you." I say and he chuckles. "You're so talented. I mean look at you. You're being nominated for an Oscar. Best Actor no less." He buries his face in my chest further, no doubt as red as a strawberry. "I always knew you would get here." 

He looks up at me, and my previous statement is proven correct. "No you didn't. Even I couldn't see myself getting here." He says and I chuckle, brushing his hair out of his eyes.

"Sometimes the most talented people, who can see others equally as talented, can never see the talent in themselves." I say and he laughs. I can just see his thoughts. "'That's so cheesy', I know. But it's true." He sighs and grabs my hand, kissing me softly.

I melt into the kiss, closing my eyes and just letting the feeling of his lips on mine consume my thoughts. But then the moment is over and he pulls away, making me frown slightly but smile again when I see his smiling face. 

"Come on. We're gonna be late if we wait any longer." He says, letting go of my hand and walking out of the room. I chuckle, shaking my head slowly and soon following after him, excited for the evening ahead.

***

"And the Oscar for Best Actor goes too..." The celebrity starts, and then looks at the envelope. He smiles and looks back up. "Seán McLoughlin." Seán's eyes widen and a large grin takes over his hopeful look. I clap, watching as he heads to the stage, eyes watering with tears of joy. He gladly takes the award and then walks up to the pedestal, staring at the award as the cheers die down.

"Thank you all so much for this. I never thought I'd be standing up here." He says, chuckling slightly. Then he turns to the audience and sighs. "I would like to thank my family, teachers, coworkers. Anyone who has ever believed in me and helped me along the way. I'm distracted by a tap on my shoulder. I turn to see an usher there, looking at me.

"Can you please follow me?" He asks quietly and I look back at the stage before nodding, quickly standing and following the man. I notice he's leading me to the stage, where I'm told to wait behind the wing. Why am I here? However, I tune back in to listen to Seán's speech just in time.

"I would especially like to thank my boyfriend, who I think has helped me the most." He pauses and looks at the ground. "I was gonna do this later but what time is better than the present?" He says and with that the same usher walks on stage, telling me to follow. 

I do, and there are cheers as I do. Why am I on stage? I stop in front of Seán, as the usher goes past. Seán gives the usher his award before turning to me and sighing, the microphone still picking everything up. He takes my hands in his own and looks me in the eyes.

"Mark... I don't know where I would be without you anymore. You have helped me so much, helping me become a better actor and person. You have always believed in me, and loved me, and I will never ask for anything more. You are the brightest person in my life, and I can't imagine a life without you. I love you to much. " By now half the place is in tears, the other half silent. "So..."

I gasp, covering my mouth with my hand as Seán lets go of my hands, kneeling down on one knee and pulling out a small velvet box, opening it up to reveal a ring. Tears start forming in my eyes and he smiles. 

"Mark Edward Fischbach. The love of my life... Will you marry me?" I nod immediately, not being able to produce words quite yet. But then, I uncover my mouth and I smile. 

"Yes. Yes, yes, yes. A million times yes." I say and he laughs, putting the ring on my finger before standing and kissing me passionately. Cheers, clapping, roars of excitement and congratulations sound from throughout the theater. When he pulls away from the kiss we're both crying tears of joy, smiling. Then Seán turns, hand still intwined with mine, and takes his award.

"Thank you again." He says and with that the two of us walk off stage, the congratulations and cheers following us to our seats and for hours more to come. But for now he just sighs and leans his head on my shoulder. "This is the best night ever." 

"Yeah... It really is." I smile and together we sit and watch the rest of the ceremony, while in my head I'm thinking of a ceremony of our own. 

A/N: This originally was going to just be the first part. Only 600 words. But then I wanted them to get engaged and the award ceremony and AAAAAHHHHH! So yeah. Here it is =P. Hope you guys enjoyed! <3 =)