Shh, It's Our Secret

(Seán's P.O.V.)

High school has always been hell. It's part of the job. Teach, learn, make friends, OH YEAH! And live in hell. For a lot of people it isn't actually that bad, I'm just one of the unlucky few. Not only do all of my teachers hate me, but pretty much every single student hates me as well. It's not a matter of me being a jerk or anything (much), it's just that I don't like people. I hate being social.

I have my group of friends, that's all I need. That's all I want. So, if someone does try to talk to me, I either walk the other direction as quickly as possible or snap at them and then walk away as soon as possible. So, naturally, everyone hates me. Cause logic. But not only do the students and teachers hate me, but I hate me.

I'm annoying, I'm a jerk, I'm antisocial, I'm careless, I'm loud, I'm a coward, among other things. And that's not all. No, I'm crazy. Literally, I'm insane. How do I know this? Well, I think dark things, I hear a voice in my head, and whenever I look in the mirror I see... Someone. Not me, but he looks like me. Like... A darker version of me. 

And he talks to me. And I talk back. We have legit conversations. I only talk back when no one's around though. As crazy as I am, I am sane enough to know that if I'm caught talking to myself I'll probably get thrown in a mental hospital. Doesn't help some of the things we talk about... All of the images in my head...

"Seán, dude, you okay?" I'm snapped out of my thoughts to see Mark in front of me, looking incredibly concerned. I nod, going back to eating my food, no matter how disgusting it is. "Are you sure? You seem to space out more then usual nowadays." 

"I'm fine." I say it quickly, probably to quickly. But he doesn't fight me on the matter, he just looks at me with that concerned look. I hate it. I take one more bite, and then I stand up, grabbing my tray. "I'll see you in class." And with that I walk away, throwing the rest of the food away and putting the tray on top of the garbage. I just have to get rid of that gaze...

I walk out of the cafeteria quickly, heading towards the bathroom. That's my normal hiding space after all. No one seems to be there and I always have company, no matter how crazy. The hallways are pretty empty, since everyone's eating lunch. I walk quickly, as fast as I can without running. Once I reach the bathrooms closest to my locker I push the door open, stepping in to the room and sighing. 

I put my backpack on the ground by the door, looking under each and every stall to make sure no one is here. And sure enough, no one is. I walk over to one of the sinks, standing in front of it. I put some water in my hands and splash it onto my face, hoping to wake myself up a bit. I dry my face off with a paper towel before returning to the sink.

I stare at the drain, watching the water go down. And then I look up into the mirror and I see him. Dark green hair, smirk, green and blue eye, with a green and black eye... But overall, me. Same clothes, same features. Just... Slightly different. And crazy. 

"Hey Seán. You're looking quite well." He chuckles slightly at the sarcasm and I just shrug. 

"Yeah well, constantly being told to kill the entire school doesn't help ones mental state." I say, staring at my reflection. He scoffs, rolling his eyes.

"Please. You know you want too. You hate this place." He says, still smirking. And I can't help but nod. I do hate this place, more then anyone knows.

"Yeah, I do hate it. But I don't want to hurt anyone... Much." I mutter the last part. I know that the thoughts are just him getting into my head but I can't ignore them. After all, he is me.

"Seán..." He says my name in a singsong voice, trying to get my attention again. I look back at my reflection, my face a blank expression.

"Yes, Anti?" I ask, using the name I've given him. He smirks again.