Introduction (Part 2)

Will's POV

My life has been... Ok? Not the best but not the worst either. So far, my life has been pretty normal. Well, as normal as a werewolf guy's life could be. Yes, you heard me right. I'm a werewolf. I am the son of the Alpha of the Southern Pack. There are four packs in total in the United States. The Northen, The Eastern, The Southern, and The Western. There is small packs in the area like the Northeastern and the Westnorthern packs but the four lists before are the main and strongest. As the son of the Southern pack, I am the heir to the throne once my father steps down. Now, enough of my royal title or life (I hate being treated like a prince). Let's get onto who I really am. I'm William Solace and this is my life so far!

Now, I'm not the only child. Or I wasn't. Like wild wolves and sometimes humans, Werewolf females have a chance of having more then one baby. Werewolves, of course, have a much better chance then humans. I was born to Naomi and Apollo Solace. They are the Alphas or mating pair of our pack. I was born on August 24 (What's Will's actually birthday?) along with my two siblings. Yes, I am one of triplets. My siblings or littermates were my brothers Michael and Lee. I don't remember them much, only through stories. The reason I keep referring to them in past tense is because....well they died. 

When we were a year old in human years, the Southern pack tried to raid us. From what my father says, he bursted into the room me and my siblings shared to see that one of the Southern wolves had slaughtered my siblings. He killed him immediately. He assumed I was dead as well for a moment after the wolf was dead until He heard babbling and items being knocked over in a closet. He opened it and I was standing there, just obliviously looking at him with some clothes and other baby supplies clutched in my chubby little hands. He scooped me up, holding me to his chest so I couldn't see the massacre that the southern wolf had turned my bedroom into and took me to the bunker underneath the house and reunited me with my mother. The next day we buried our dead and grieved for Micheal and Lee. I wish I could remember them. 

Now, I'm 18 in human years. And life has been... Complicated. When I was fourteen I shifted for the first time. It was painful and terrifying. Until I finally turned into my wolf. He wasn't very different from what I already look like. He had pure golden fur and really dark blue eyes. I wouldn't say my eyes were as dark as his but I guess he's supposed to be somewhat different from me. He's a real buzzkill too. He sounds so much more mature then I do and he takes everything so seriously. Not even my dad is that serious. He likes to control me when he thinks I'm not doing something right. It's annoying. And he has the most uncreative name in the universe. He's name is Sol. Ever since I was little and he began talking to me through me mind, I was begging him to tell me his name. He told me once we shifted and I couldn't help but be disappointed. I thought it would be something awesome, like Axeblaster or Bloodthirsty! But, no. Just Sol. Darn it.

Once I turned 16, my parents began taking me to the different packs to find my mate. Don't get me wrong, the girls were pretty. They just weren't my type. None of the girls were my type. And because of how strange the bond of mates are, I needed to meet all the girls. All of them. From newborns to elders. Nothing. I mean, I liked having to hold a bunch of babies and listening to stories of when the elders were heroes and how many wars of pack vs pack they were a part of but we didn't find what we were looking for. My parents even took me to the Eastern pack, who we were at war if after the death of my littermates. Nothing. When my mom saw that girls weren't working, she took me out again to speak to all the males of the packs. Again, nothing. But, I have to attempt there were a lot of really cute guys in the packs and I'm not just talking about the babies. My dad doesn't know about the little trip we had but my mom said I could tell her if I see any males that catch my eye. But, so far no. 

I'm now 18 and I still haven't found my mate. I'm becoming Alpha in a few months because I'm now of age. But, I need a mate in order to create a new Alpha generation. Either your born with Alpha blood or your not. And my pups or children need to have Alpha blood in order to become Alphas themselves. But, I'm beginning to lose hope. I know my mate is alive. If not, I would be colorblind. That's how it works. Even if you meet your mate, you immediately become colorblind if your mate dies. That's just how it works. You feel whatever pain your mate feels when they die which most likely causes you to pass out. You wake up colorblind and that's how you can be certain your mate is died. I can see color perfectly, so I know he/she is alive. I just don't think I'll ever find them. 

But, Fate has a funny way of working out...

(Ok, that's the final part of Introduction. The next chapter will be the official Chapter One of Within the Forest. A lot more people are reading this then I would have ever thought and I want to just say.. Thank you. Thank you so much. I know my writing isn't the best, but I'll get better!... I hope.. Just, thank you for taking a moment of you time to read my story. See ya~)