Chapter Thirty-One: Alpha

Nico's POV

I don't know how the whole Sol thing started. He's really possessive but it's pretty.. Cute at times. He isn't always violent. If he starts feeling possessive, the worst he would do is growl at whoever is near me. That's an improvement from trying to maul everyone like a bear, right? He's still really cuddy. And I think sometimes Will would pretend to be Sol. I don't mind. Will/Sol's wolf fur is really soft. So so soft. Like hugging a blonde cloud. That's warm and has a heart beat.

It's been awhile. I've gotten closer to Will over time. He's even found a way to sleep in the same bed with me without it being.. Weird. He shifts into wolf form and curls up at the foot of the bed like a dog. Keeps my feet warm and Will insists that he's comfortable. Apollo and Naomi have gotten really friendly with me too. Naomi babies me sometimes, nicknaming me "darling". Apollo messes with Will, winking at him whenever we're alone together. I don't know why Will starts blushing but it's funny.

After days turned to weeks, the weather got cooler and leaves started turning colors. The young kids of the pack chased falling leaves and rolled around in grass that was blanketed in them. I had the urge to join them on several occasions. But I can't. I'm not a kid anymore. Me me big boy.

"So.." Will's voice snapped me out of my daze. We were sitting together on the couch. Why? Oh yeah. Will wanted to talk to me about something. "What did you need?" I asked, hugging one of the little pillows that went with his couch to my chest.

Will took a breath before speaking. "A few.. Weeks was it? Before we met. My dad said he'll have to force me to become Alpha once autumn comes. And not too long ago he brought it up again even though you're here.." I blinked, realization hitting me. "So.. You're gonna become Alpha?" Will sighed. "I have no choice, Neeks.. This was what I was born for. To take my dad's place. You don't have to do anything. I'll handle-"

"No!" I jumped in, cutting him off. "I mean.. It's okay. I said I'd be okay when this time came. I'm fine." Will bit his lip, staring at me for an extra moment before nodding. "O.. Okay." I smiled, trying not to look as nervous as I felt.

So Will's actually becoming Alpha....