Chapter Fifteen: Protect Me

(This is the chapter you've all been waiting for once these two cinnamon buns met. And trigger warning.. I think.)

Nico's POV

Waking up the next morning was... Scary? Was that the word for it? I opened my eyes to see Will's face and I briefly forgot about last night. Not screaming was the hardest part. But I did fall off the bed. That woke him up quite quickly. Will sprang up, reaching over and grabbing me from the floor and pulling me back onto the bed. I don't think the shade of red by face turned even existed. We sat in silence for a moment to be sure his parents didn't hear my fall before I almost (read as: barely even) pushed him off the bed. He really didn't budge when I did so, so I just curled up in my spot on the now messy bed and looked away from him. My face burned. Why was he in bed with me?!

"So... Anymore nightmares?" Will asked awkwardly, the memory clicking in my mind. So that's why he was in bed with me. Great.

I shook my head, keeping my gaze away from him. I can't believe I made him sleep in the same bed as me, just because I had a bad dream. I do remember it and it was a terrible dream, but was it really a making-a-wolf-boy-sleep-in-the-bed dream? It was nice to be able to go back to sleep after having those kinds of dreams. I normally wasn't able to. I would just lay there until morning and be dead exhausted for the rest of the day. I couldn't just sleep during the day because of Nathaniel. I guess the best part of that kind of situation is that once my head hits my pillow, I'm out for the count. But then there's waking up after a crash like that. The problem is, I don't. Nathan has to throw me out of bed in the morning to get me up. My fault for not sleeping properly. 

"Well, I'm going to get us something to eat. What do you like?" He asked as he climbed out of the bed. I didn't answer and he just shrugged and left. From what I've found out about him so far, he was probably going to bring me something anyway. 

I sighed, standing up and sorting through his room. He had some clothes laying around and even some hidden under his bed. The mess was driving me insane. While he was gone, I folded and sorted out his clothes and other items. I even went so far as to fix his bed and the little makeshift bed Will made at the foot of it. I felt so much better once the room was starting to come together. I never understood why Will thought me cleaning his room so well was funny. The first time he walked in on me cleaning, he began laughing. I had to hide in the closet when Will's mother came by to give her hysterically laughing son a strange look. Once it was safe, I came out and he thanked me for cleaning his room. To this day I don't know what he found so funny. This boy was such a mystery in so many ways. 

I had just organized his closet, for the millionth time that week, when the door opened. I assumed it was Will until I heard a gasp and a snarl. I dropped the clothes I was holding and spun around to see.. Not Will. His dad. Wonderful. I swallowed hard, taking a step back every time he took a step forward. He seemed.. Angry. I honestly didn't blame him. The human he found in his territory was walking around his son's room. He had every right to be angry. I turned my attention to the door, begging Will to come back. I didn't want to die. Especially not by this guy's hands. I kept walking until my back hit the wall. I was so screwed. I whimpered as he came closer, his eyes becoming more wolf-like and canines sprouting from his lips. 

"What the hell are you doing here you little shit?!" He barked, grabbing me by my shirt collar and lifting me up, pinning me against the wall. Terrifying déjà vu  made panic raise into my chest and I couldn't manage to scream. My hands latched onto his wrists as I began to hyperventilate. 

After that, everything happened so quickly. Will's dad was ripped away from me and I landed face first on the floor. I heard a shout of surprise and pain like someone was hit, then I heard another snarl. I pushed myself onto my hands and knees, freezing at the sight of a large wolf towering over me. Well, the wolf was facing away from me but it was still huge. I let out a strained whine and it turned to face me. It had deep blue eyes that took my breath away immediately. My eyes nor mind never wandered to the large canines hanging from its jaws. It turned away again and a pang of disappointment hit me when its attention was no longer on me. When it was no longer looking at me, I did notice Will's father laying on the floor. Blood poured from his shoulder, the same shoulder that was injured the first time. Will's mother rushed in, letting out a small scream at the sight of her lover on the floor with blood on him. 

I pushed myself into a sitting position, curling up with the wolf as my shield. It didn't bother me one bit that its canines did have a bit of blood on them, indicating he had bitten Will's dad. I felt safe out of the reach of the others. The wolf crouched down and I stared in shock as its fur began to sink into its body and it became more.. Human? Oh. Oh! Oh no! I covered my eyes immediately as Will's human figure appeared. He.. Wasn't wearing anything. And why did I have the urge to look? I shook my head, my face burning again as I felt hands pulling me up. 

"Clothes!" I said immediately, knowing it could have only been Will who pulled me up. 

I somehow felt myself blush more as I was pulled to his warm body, his scent washing over me again. I struggled to get away from him, still uncomfortable by the fact that he wasn't clothed, but to no avail. Why was he so strong?! It wasn't far! I stopped moving once I heard him growl something to his parents. "Mine."

It was silent for a moment until I heard shuffling and Will's mother's whispering. Then the door closed as they left. I immediately started pushing Will away again, muttering "Please god put some clothes on". He chuckled, giving me a squeeze before he let go and turned back to his closet. I turned away as he got dressed and I felt arms wrap around me again. I blushed, letting him hold me as his chin rested on the top of my head. It's been awhile since I've been held like this. It.. It was nice. I completely forgot about what had just happened until Will spoke again. 

"I'm sorry if what happened scared you," he mumbled and I began feeling more warm weight on my head. Did he just put his face in my hair?

"It's fine," I mumbled back, unsure what to do at that point. It was surprisingly comfortable to be held like this. Will was obviously trying his best to avoid my bruises but it was still comfortable. I normally don't like being touched. Well, Will was always different. I guess now that his parents know I exist...

I had to start letting him protect me....