Chapter Twenty-Six: Do It

(Okay okay! I hear you! Here's the new chapter! Sheesh.. I still love you guys tho.)

Will's POV

I can't believe Clarisse had the nerve to try and attack Nico. I also can't believe some other wolves from the pack protected him. I will always be thankful to them for that. It meant that they really do think of them as their Alpha if they are willing to protect him from the daughter of another Alpha. I'm so happy. And I'm impressed Nico managed to confirm it was me and not Sol.

He's learning. That's good.

Yeah, it is.

The other Alphas weren't at all as hostile towards Nico, mainly because I made sure we didn't get sepreated again. Of course, that didn't mean they were exactly nice to him. I mean, Thalia was okay. She said "hello" and just didn't look at him after that. That's the nicest a werewolf could be towards a human, so I appreciate that. Zues.. Zues didn't feel the same. He just glared at Nico, driving me to growl at him and that whole interaction was ruined after that so we just let those North wolves be. Most of them are jerks anyway.

We continued to walk around until Nico suddenly pulled me behind a building. Weird.

"Will.. Can I ask you.. Something?" He asked softly, fidgeting in his spot. I tilted my head, confused. Why did he seem so nerves? Strange.

"Go ahead," I made a "go on" gesture with my hand.

Nico took a deep breath before looking up and locking eyes with me. "Will. I want you to mark me."

I literally choked on air. Nico took a step back as I entered a coughing fit. He looked scared. "I-I'm sorry! Nevermind, I take it-"

"No!" I wheezed. I took a few seconds to catch my breath before standing upright again. "Y-You just caught me off guard. It's okay. You have nothing to apologise for.."

Nico nodded timidly, chewing on his lip. "So...?"

Yes.

No

No? Why no? This is the permission we've been waiting for!

This is a big deal. He needs to fully understand what this mean-

Oh for the love of- HE DOES UNDERSTAND! WE ALREADY EXPLAINED!

Still! I just.. I don't want him to regret this.

I blinked as I came out of my mental argument with Sol, glancing down at Nico who was still staring at me. I took a breath, rubbing my head. "Nico.. Are you positive? This isn't some little thing. If I mark you, you could never go back to being a normal human. The moment you leave pack territory, other wolves from other packs or maybe even rouges will come after you. You could never see your family again."

Nico looked hesitant, understandably so, before he shook his head. "What family do I have to go back to? Trust me, I'm sure."

I shook my head as well, still a little nervous. "Nico-"

"Will, just do it...."