Chapter Thirty-Nine: The Winter

(Above is the blanket.)

Nico's POV

It finally started to snow. I'm not exactly sure what month it is or how far into that month but I think it must be around the beginning or middle of December. Which means Christmas! I can't believe Will doesn't know about Christmas! I haven't celebrated it since I was ten, Nathaniel thought it was a waste of time and money, but I still loved when the time came around.

There isn't much you can use as a gift in a werewolf pack. I just had one of the elders knit a giant blanket. In return I gave her this really nice flower I found in the bushes in the middle of the pack territory.

(The Flower:

)

I gave Will the blanket a few days after it was made, pretending that was Christmas since I didn't know the current date anyway. He loved it. He said he needed to thank the elder for making it and we spent the next few hours trying it out. That's right... Napping on the couch. It was great.

Will's gift was adorable. He had one of the wolves in the pack draw a picture of the two of us. He then just gave it to me. He was acting so awkward when he did it too. I love him so much.

(The Picture:

)

Yet as the days went on, Sol's been acting really weird. It became really easy for me to tell the difference between him and Will. Their smile is one thing. Will's smile is a bright grin that seems to always reach his ears. Sol's is a lot smaller than Will's grin and it seemed like he was always planning something. It found them both cute and I told both of them so. Will would just laugh and Sol would stop, blush, and look away.

Their eyes were a dead give away. And their overall appearance. Will's freckles always seem to blind in with his tan skin. Sol's seem to grow darker and stand out more. I've counted them before. 113. In all. And I told that to him and he smirked, calling me creepy for counting his freckles. I do it anyway every time I get the chance.

Their voice. Another dead give away. Will's voice always seems a lot more bubbly and sounds like he's on the verge of laughing. It makes me feel warm and makes me smile whenever he talks. Especially since he tends to ramble about nothing. Sol's.. His is a lot deeper and more mature. Yet he always sounds like he's trying to seduce me. I've never shivered for reasons completely non fear related in my life.

So when Will starts getting really touchy feel-y and a lot more stubborn when it comes to me being near him, I would know it was Sol immediately. Sometimes without even looking at him. I never really minded until it started to get a bit... Heated. He'd grip me while we kissed and he once kissed the matemark on my neck. The room felt so hot at that moment that it was almost uncomfortable. When I asked him what he was doing he just blankly looked at me before suddenly blushing and pulling away, apologizing.

I've noticed the other wolves were acting kind of the same way. I'd see mates always having some kind of physical contact, whether it was hugging or kissing. I've seen two wolves get really heated when it came to that... Contact... And Sol had to snap at them to take it inside. When I asked Will why the pack was suddenly acting like this, he said he didn't know. Even Lou and Cecil were acting weird. I've never seen Lou actually get flustered when Cecil flirted with her. And he'd do it often. In a joking way. These times were.. Not jokingly.. At all. Sol had to snap at them too.

Since the little ones were often outside during these times, I taught them how to build snowmen. Will and I would make a game out of it and have the kids practice on the snowmen what they should do if a dangerous human came into territory. There were a few who could shift, those were kids who were about fourteen years old anyway, who just shifted and attacked the snowmen. That was amusing to watch.

I never thought about how the pack spends their time during the different seasons. They really don't do anything different. That's pretty boring. I'll make it my job to make sure these guys have a lot to do during

The winter...