Chapter Fourteen: Bad Dream

Will's POV

Nico's been living here for a few days now. And everyday I would have to sleep on the floor. It was uncomfortable at first but I've gotten used to it. The best part of being a werewolf is that I can tell whenever my parents might be coming so I could hide Nico and try to act like nothing was going on. It was hard. I always wondered why my parents haven't smelled him yet. Not that I'm complaining, of course. It's just strange. Maybe my scent is rubbing off on him already. I really hope that's the thing. I don't know what I would do if Nico got caught. I mean, I've already almost killed my father for it and I didn't even know Nico's name then. I just need to make sure to hide hin whenever my parents come nearby.

Feeding Nico was hard too. I'm kind of making him sound like an animal at this point. But I'm serious. I would have to wait until the meal is over, then sneak a serving up to my room for Nico to eat. For some reason, Nico feels the need to clean up after me. I left tbe room just to use the bathroom and I came back to my room being completely cleaned. Nico was still there of course and he told me where everything was. Even my closet was organized! He's insane!

This night was really weird. It made me so much more worried for Nico. It was in the middle of the night when Sol woke me up. Well, not that he woke me. He kind of just took control of me while I was sleeping and then dropped it right back on me. I woke up sitting upright in my bed with my father standing at the door. He said he heard screaming from my room. I quickly lied, saying I saw a spider as big as his hand, and he just laughed at me and left. Once I was sure he had gone back to bed, I reached under my bed and yanked Nico from under it. He wasn't in the state I expected when I pulled him on top of the bed. His shaking made sense, but I could hear him sobbing softly as well. This is the second time he's cried since he's been here! These past few days have not been good to him I'm guessing.

"Nico? What's wrong?" I whispered and reached out to him, only for him to flinch away from me.

"I-I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to scream. I was sleeping. I didn't mean it," he stumbled over his words, his voice cracking every so often which caused him to stop and take a breath. Most likely so he didn't start crying again.

"Nico. Nico, it's fine. Just tell me what happened. Why are you crying?" I whispered again, glad that he at least let me touch his shoulder with only a little flinch.

Nico took another breath and began softly taking about the dream he had. It was about his boyfriend again. I growled the moment he said his name, obviously scaring him a bit. I felt bad and continued to listen to him explain the dream. Apparently it was that he thought he had dreamed about the whole "Finding the pack and meeting me" thing and that he was still in the woods he was before the patrol found him. That "Nathaniel" had found him and taken him back to their house. Then he gave a vivid description of how Nathaniel beat him then.. Drown him in their bathtub. Just like he had tried to before Nico escaped. It was disgusting to hear. I wanted to cut him off but I knew he had to talk about it. Once he was done I hugged him but he didn't start crying again. It was weird yet I was glad. It made me feel terrible when he cried.