Chapter Sixty-Two: Fine

Will's POV

After what seemed like an eternity, the heat season was finally over. But Nico was still pretty clingy. Not that I minded. I'm just happy I can be near him without the fear of hurting him. Sol, of course, is more than happy that fact. He is somehow with him more often than I am. Is it normal to be jealous of.. Yourself? I can't count how many times Sol has taken control from me just to be with Nico. As if he couldn't be with him with me in control! It was ridiculous! 

The first time out of the house with Nico was.. Interesting. He had basically became a toddler. He insists that I carry him everywhere. I think I'm starting to see what Lou and Cecil meant by Sol and I "baby-ing" him. But I couldn't help it! You try saying no to the most adorable living thing in the world while they are sitting on the edge of your bed with his arms raised, making the most ridiculously cute pleading face! (Bye forth wall.) So I ended up waltzing out of the house, both of us wearing my shirts while Nico and I wore our own pants (thankfully), and Nico on my back. I don't know how he talked me into it. But he always. Does. I'm glad he's so comfortable. He's lucky he doesn't seem to weigh a pound to me. 

We almost immediately ran into Lou and Cecil. We talked for a bit, Lou and Cecil mostly talking to Nico since only Lou has had the chance to since he came back. Mostly because I didn't really let anyone get even close to our room. Then Lou brought something up. 

"I'm *ahem* pretty happy for you too." 

I blushed, biting my lip and glancing away. Cecil laughed while Lou stood there smirking like the little shit she was. Nico frowned, lifting his head from its place buried in the crook of my neck. I chuckled a bit at how confused he looked. He just grew even more confused. 

"What do you mean?" 

"Don't worry about it!" I said quickly, giving the two beta pair, and apparently mates, a look. The message didn't seem to go through, unfortunately.

"I love what you did with you neck, Nico!" Cecil pointed at the many marks that I had left. I groaned a bit, a bit upset my arms were too full to try and hide my shame. Nico raised his hand, brushing his fingers over the marks before blushing. He got what they meant. He quickly gripped my shirt, burying his red face in my neck again.

"Look who's talking!" I shot back playfully. "You're not gonna get pregnant Lou, are you?" 

Both turned pink and stuttered. "That is," I cut in. "You already are.." 

Lou glared at me and Cecil covered his face with his arm, screaming into it. "Shut up, William!" 

"I call godfather!" Nico spoke up, that (adorable) stupid grin on his face. 

"Ugh!" Lou hid her red face too. I laughed at them. 

Never thought my life would come to this point. Joking about how the heat season went for us. I remember being a little kid and being kicked out of my own house for a reason I didn't know. Then meeting up with Lou and Cecil and playing in the snow. Once I was allowed back home, my father's scent would be incredibly strong on my mother. More so than it normally was. You'd be able to mistake them for the same person if you went by scent alone. 

Now I was in my parent's place. Just without the children to kick out. Luckily Nico was human so he couldn't get pregnant. That would have been terrifying for him. Especially after everything that happened. Who knew having a mate as a human would be so crazy. I wouldn't give Nico up for anything, but this was certainly not what I was expecting when I thought about having a mate. 

At one point before we parted ways, Lou and Cecil both gave me a look. I knew what that look meant. They wanted to talk to me about something. Alone. And I had an idea what that something was. I wasn't supposed to mate with Nico until he was eighteen. Obviously, that didn't work out so well. Part of me is hoping that's not what they want to ask about, but I know I'm just trying to give myself false hope. I don't regret mating with Nico. I just feel a bit guilty about breaking a rule. I haven't even been Alpha for that long and I've already had my mate kidnapped, killed a wolf from another territory on that territory, probably made the South and East pack enemies more so then they've already been, and broke one of the oldest mate laws by mating with a sixteen year old. I was doing greeaat...

Meanwhile, Nico refused to be put down. Seriously. My arms got tired after awhile so I warned Nico that I had to put him down. Now here I am, walking around with Nico hanging on my back. You wouldn't expect such a little guy being able to do this but he did manage to escape the East Pack and come back alive. He truly is stronger than you'd think. 

"Nico, c'mon, get down," I said finally, stopping. 

"Mm.. No." 

"Please?" 

"Nuh-uh." 

"Why?" 

"You're warm." 

I rolled my eyes, turning my head and kissing the boy's cheek. "Fine. I'm hungry though, so we're heading back to the house." 

"Fine by me...."