Chapter Sixty: Happening

Will's POV

I froze, hearing the words that came from Nico. I stared at him as he took advantage of my frozen state and sat up, clinging to me. He buried his face in the crook of my neck and tried to almost climb me. He sounded so distraught. He literally begged me not to leave. If I was behind the door, it would have been somewhat easier. But seeing his tears in person and seeing how heartbroken the thought of me leaving was making him. I couldn't bring myself to..

We.. We have to..

But-

Come on! Let's go!

With that, I pushed Nico back into the bed and turned to leave. I felt my arm getting yanked back. "Pl-Please!" Nico sobbed, hugging my arm tightly. "Please!"

"I.. I can't. I can't Nico I can't. I don't.. Want to hurt you," I managed, pulling my arm hard. That unfortunately didn't shake him off. He continued to cling to me.

"I'll.. I'll stop!" Nico grabbed my sleeve and hid his face in it. "Pl-Please.. I'll stop heating.. Just don't leave.."

"Angel..." Sol spoke up, trying to help me. I was so tempted to stay. "It doesn't work like that.."

"I'll make it work!" Nico pleaded, still sobbing.

"N-No.. Listen we can be together all you want once your heat ends, okay?" Sol continued to make his way to the door. Nico still didn't let go.

"No! I don't want to wait!" Nico tightened his grip, like I'll disappear if he doesn't hold me tight. "Please don't make me wait.. Please.."

"It's not even that long," Sol actually reached out and brushed Nico's hair back, which had began to fall in front of his face. "We promise. We'll be with you for however long you want. Just a couple more days."

Nico shook his head, hard. Both Sol and I sighed in slight defeat. "You.. You don't understand Angel.." Sol mumbled, covering my (our?) mouth and nose with my (our?) hand to try and block the scent that was just pouring out of Nico. "We don't think we'll be able to.. Control.. Ourselves if we stay here..."

"What ever happens, happens," Nico muttered finally, looking up to lock eyes with me. I blinked, slightly frightened at how sure he sounded.

"Nico-" I spoke up, only to Nico to try and pull himself closer. "Nico don't say that-"

"Please..." He mumbled finally, pulling on my shirt as if that would anchor me to this spot. "Please..."

I stood and thought for a second. This.. This was wrong. But Nico.. Nico didn't look like he was going to be able to handle this any longer. He is human. His body wasn't made for this to happen. Maybe.. Maybe I can manage.. I can try..

"Okay," I sighed, finally wrapping my arm around Nico and pulling him close. He almost immediately latched onto my shirt and buried his face in my chest. I glanced over at the door and pushed it shut.

God.. This was really happening...