Chapter Thirty-Eight: What's going on?

Will's POV

As the weather got cooler, the trees began to bare. Animals disappeared for the winter and the sky grew darker. Winter was coming. And Nico seemed excited. He's like a child. It's adorable. The other pups were excited for the snowy days as well. I loved running around in it when I was young too. Especially when I'd drag my dad out with me. He never liked the winter. I really grew out of liking it all that much as I got older. But if Nico truly wanted to run around, I'll let him.

Something else started to happen as winter grew closer too. Some of the pack began acting strange. I never really understood what happened. All I really truly remember is that during the middle to late winter months, my mom would become a bit.. Clingy with my dad. Then they'd go upstairs and my dad would tell me to go outside. Apparently it happened with a lot of other wolves. A lot of pups my age would be running around outside too, some already playing, others not knowing why they were out there. I'd just meet up with Lou and Cecil who apparently had the same story with their parents.

I'm sure Sol understands what happens, but he won't tell me. My parents never told me. I'm not sure why. Maybe because it's a werewolf things that happens with mates and since Nico's human, it isn't nessesary for me to know? No, that doesn't make sense. But Nico's noticed it too. I even found it hard to find Lou and Cecil, which is pretty disappointing.

What made me even more concerning is that Sol began to act strangely around Nico. He's a lot more.. I don't know how to really explain it. He'd kiss Nico a lot more roughly and he's always touching him in some way. (Don't you guys dare say it.) Not in a weird way, but like grabbing his arms and hugging him for a little longer than normal. Nico pointed it out not too long ago. I confronted Sol about it and he just apologized awkwardly.

What's going on?