Chapter Forty-Eight: Promise

Will's POV

I swear I'm going crazy. Not too long ago, Sol lost it. I blacked out and when I came too, I was in wolf form and standing at the edge of the river. Sol was huffing and whining in frustration. Not a moment later, Cecil and Lou ran up from behind. Both panting and looking like they were about to collapse. Cecil's front leg was bleeding, the red staining his fur and Lou had a wound on her shoulder. God, did Sol do that?

"What the hell?!" Lou shifted human, the wound on her shoulder much more clear. "What's going on with you..."

I didn't bother to respond, glancing back across the river. I felt this strange tugging. Here, it seemed to be saying. I'm here. C'mon! I sighed, still staring with a strange longing. Nico.. Are you over there? If you are.. They better not be hurting you.

"Alpha.." Cecil walked up, in human form with a wound on his forearm. "Are you okay?"

I continued to stare and beg Sol to speak.

What happened? What did you feel?

We aren't even sure.. It just felt awful. A burning fury that just came out of nowhere..

He answered me.. Thank god.

It's never for no reason Sol..

Don't you think we know that?

So what should we do?

Sol and I continued to have our silent conversation. Then I sighed, shifting back. Goddamnit. Why was it so cold? "Let's go back," I mumbled relunctedly.

We're coming back..

I know...

There was just something weird about this river. I've never really been here for so long, but now I can't stay away from it. I stared at the rushing water for a moment before turning away and walking back to camp. I'll find you Nico.

I promise....