Chapter 12

"Well, it's getting late. I think I'm gonna head home," you stated as you stood.

"Same here," Hiccup agreed.

"Are you sure you have to go?" Ruffnut questioned.

"Yeah. I think we all need to rest up for tomorrow," you replied.

"[Name]'s right," Eret agreed as he rubbed his chin. "I must get going. Thank you for inviting me for dinner."

"Anytime Mr. Ferret. Join us whenever you like," you smiled.

Eret nodded as he stood, bidding you all a goodnight as you all did the same as he left.

"Fishlegs, if Astrid asks where we went off to, tell her we headed home for the night," you informed, knowing that Astrid was still chasing Snotlout somewhere.

"Yes ma'am," he replied.

"Thanks," you smiled, whistling for both Nightfuries.

"Okay, we'll be going now. Night guys!" Hiccup waved, as the rest of the gamg waved back.

As you and Hiccup headed out the doors, you couldn't help but smile as you looked up at the night sky. "Today has been a good day."

"Yes it has mi'lady. How about I'll race you to the house?" he challenged.

"Are you sure about that love?" you questioned, pecking his lips briefly as you bolted towards the house, leaving him standing there stunned.

"Hey! You cheated!" he laughed, as he and Toothless ran after you and Midnight.

As you and Midnight ran, Toothless had jumped in your way, blocking your way from running any further.

"Toothless, that's not fair," you whined. You tried making your way around him, but he kept jumping in your way once more. "I gave you extra fish!"

Midnight growled in fustration, finding it rather difficult to get around Toothless. Midnight growled once more, lunging forward and pinning Toothless to the ground as Hiccup ran past you, heading for the front door.

"Thanks Midnight!" you smiled as you took of running.

Midnight cooed as she jumped off Toothless. Hiccup danced in victory as he stood at the front door, as you walked up to him with both Nightfuries followed behind.

"Cheater," you grumbled.

"Aww, did I hurt your feeling big baby boo?" he teased, as you crossed your arms and pouted.

"You did," you replied playfully.

He smiled as he pecked your cheek. "Better?"

"Yeah, I guess so," you smiled, opening the door, seeing that Valka had left the fire blazing in the firepit.

Midnight and Toothless quickly took their spots, nestling and nuzzling against one another, laying beside the fire.

You smiled at the two. "Night guys."

Toothless cooed softly, tucking Midnight under his wing. You smiled once more, making your way up the stairs with Hiccup following behind. As you entered the room, Hiccup quickly took his night clothes, leaving the room to change. You changed yourself, settling in a green wool sweater and black leggings.

After you were done you opened the door, letting Hiccup in as he placed his armor on his desk. You both then crawled into bed as Hiccup quickly wrapped his arms around you, tangling his legs with yours.

This caused you to chuckle. "Quite the cuddler," you commented, as Hiccup hummed.

"You know what's one of my favorite part of the day is?" Holden asked, as you hummed. "Coming home to wrap you in my arms."

You laughed softly as you rubbed your thumb on his hand. "Man, you are really cheesy."

"Only for you," he smiled as you scoffed. "You know you love it."

"You're lucky that I do," you replied, as Hiccup smiled sleepily, as he nuzzled his head in the crook of your neck. "What are you? A dragon?" you teased as he pulled you a bit closer.

"Shh, you need to sleep," he murmered.

"Goodnight," you whispered.

"Goodnight mi'lady."