Chapter 58

There you stood beside Hiccup, with the riders and everyone else and the dragons in the village, waiting for Dagon's arrival.

Silence fell over Berk, no one making a sound. It sent an eerie chill to run up your spine, and goosebumps to rise on your arms. You heart was silently hammering in your chest, and your hands became clammy as you tighten your hands on your swords. 

It had felt like hours, but in reality, it had been a few minutes until you heard a nearby villager gasp, breaking the thick heavy tension in the air.

"Night Furies!" 

You and everyone else had snapped your attentions up to the darkening sky, and in the distance, you could see Night Furies heading towards Berk. Even in the distance, there was no mistaking what the dragons were.

Toothless' chest rumbled with a deep growl, his teeth baring in a snarl. Toothless shifted his stance from beside you, ready to pounce at a moment's notice. 

This was Dagon's dragon army.

You raised your swords slightly, tightening your grip further. You scanned the Night Furies, trying to find Aro, and while doing so, you didn't see the ships that were sailing into the docks. And when realizing this, you looked up once more to see Aro.

He was the biggest Night Fury in the sky, but what drew your attention wasn't really his size, but it was Dagon who was riding Aro. Not only that, but he was controlling him and the other Night Furies. 

You glanced at Toothless, and Toothless looked at you, seeming to know your unanswered question.

"I can't control them. Aro is the alpha of his pack and in order to take control, I have to beat him. If Aro doesn't follow Dagon's orders, Dagon will kill them all."

You shook your head slightly. "I thought you were the king of dragons."

"I am, but us Night Furies are a little more stubborn than others. Aro has been the alpha of his pack for a very long time, and his pack's loyalty lies with him, and they will follow every command of his until he is beaten and no longer alpha."

You sighed in defeat, re-tightening your grip on your swords. 

"Aro deeply apologizes, but he must protect his pack."

You nodded, taking a deep breath. "Okay."

You watched as Aro and the rest of the Night Furies stop just before Berk and hover. It was silent for a few moments, except for the sound of beating wings. Dagon suddenly held up a large staff, pointing it down on Berk before letting out a hideous battle cry.

And so it began.

Everyone charged forward into battle, Hiccup and the riders, as well as the some of the villagers took flight up into the air as you and the rest ran, charging toward the oncoming opponents. 

You fought, slashing and clashing with anything that came to attack you. You fought and fought, and soon your body began to ache. Your body never had the time to recover after escaping, and fighting now, your body was receiving hits and blows and you knew that in time, after the war, your body would need the recovery time. 

If you won the war, that was. 

By taking a breather and ducking in between two houses, you looked around to see everything in chaos. Houses were being destroyed, ships being lit aflame, bodies lying on the ground. You saw everyone fighting, and when looking for Aro and Dagon, you spotted them up on a cliff.

The same cliff that you, Hiccup, and Drago had fought on.

You tighten your jaw in determination as you turned to head into the forest. You would make your way around the village by traveling through the forest to get to Aro and Dagon.

When finally reaching them, you pushed aside a bush to step out of the trees. 

Aro's ears twitched at the rustling noise, and Dagon had turned with a calm smile. "I was wondering when we were going to finally see each other."

"I bet you were." You said, giving him a glare. "Why are you doing this?"

"For many reasons, simply." He shrugged nonchalantly. "One, to finish what my brother started. Two, to avenge him."

"Your brother was a sick man." You spat. "He killed my family, my people, my village."

"That's not my problem. The way I see it, you should've died along them." He smiled, seeing your surprised expression. "But then again, maybe you surviving the tragedy was better. It's better to see people broken down and suffering."

"Oh, yeah?" You asked, raising a brow. "Your brother deserved what he got. The way he fell off this very cliff you're standing was quite painful for the both of us." He briefly glanced around. "More so him, since I had the strength to get up and he didn't.  But when I had stood over him with my sword raised high," Dagon's smile vanished instantly as you continued. "The way he looked at me, so powerless and fearful, that was the best revenge I've ever receavied."

His face scrunched up in rage as he yelled, pointing his staff at you. Aro was torn, not wanting to follow Dagon's command but Dagon and hit Aro in the side quite painfully. "Kill her!"

Your mouth fell open as Aro advanced on you, mouth open ready to fire. His blue eyes held much regret and sorrowfulness.

"I'm sorry."

You took a step back, but suddenly you heard a Night Fury's shrill and Toothless had flew over the treetops and over your head to stop Aro.

"No!" Dagon growled, unsheathing his sword from his waist. "Then I'll do it myself!"

He charged towards you as you lifted your swords.

You both clashed swords and fought. Much like Drago, he was very skilled and much too quick. You tried to match his speed, but your aching body was protesting against it and soon enough he was beginning to gain the upper hand.

"[Name]!"

You gasped as you dodged Dagon's on coming swipe. Hiccup was coming and by the sound of his voice, he was quite close.

Dagon pushed you to the side, making you fall as he advanced towards Hiccup.

Hiccup ignited his sword, holding it ready as Dagon stalked closer to him.

You pushed off the ground, gripping one of your fallen swords from the ground before charging after Dagon.

Just as you were about to bring your sword down, Dagon swiftly turned and struck his blade into your stomach.

"NO!"

You looked down, watching as Dagon pull out the blade. You blinked, hearing Night Fury shrills which soon became muffled as your vision darkend, and soon enough you found yourself consumed in total darkness.