Chapter 25

The next morning when you woke, you ended up seeing an empty space beside you. So once you dragged yourself out of bed and changed, you strolled passed the academy with Midnight by your side as Astrid came running towards you. "[Name]! Come quick!"

You looked at Midnight questioning, who shrugged her shoulders in response as you both made you way inside the academy. "What's up?" You asked, looking at the gang with a raised brow.

"What's up? The dragons are calm! That's what's up!" Astrid exclaimed. "Did you do this?"

The gang focused their attention on you as you shrugged your shoulders briefly. "Well, I may have calmed them down last night."

"Well whatever you did, you were a genius!" Fishlegs exclaimed smiling

"How did you do it?" Ruffnut asked.

You shrugged in response. "By hand motions?" You stated, or more questioned.

Fishlegs gasped in excitment. "Oh! Did you do that hand thing that Hiccup does to earn a dragon's trust?"

"Yeah, you could say that." You smiled sheepishly.

"I hear wedding bells." Eret sang in a sing along voice which made you roll your eyes.

"Calm down Mr. Ferret before you end up losing your sanity. Anyway, Midnight and I are gonna go. Don't worry though, we're staying on Berk." You informed, walking out with Midnight beside you. "Alright, Midnight. Wanna take a stroll in the woods?" You asked, as she bolted towards the woods. "I'll take that as a yes than."

You ended up running after her. "Midnight! Slow down!" You chuckled as she came to a sudden halt, waiting for you. You scratched her ears as you began to walk forward. She followed, walking beside you as she scanned her surroundings.

After a few minutes you heard the sound of water, following the noise until you saw an old shield wedge in between two boulders; Hiccup's shield to be exact. You smiled, remembering him telling you the story about how he got it stuck. As you ducked under the shield, Midnight flew over and landed beside you. You both had walked over to the large pond. The cove was still breathtaking.

You then heard the sound of wings flapping, turning yourself around to see Hiccup and Toothless.

"What are you two doing here?" You asked them teasingly.

"Well, what are you two doing here?" Hiccup asked, sliding off Toothless. Toothless quickly greeted Midnight before they began chasing one another.

"We were just taking a stroll, what about you?" You asked, sitting down on the green grass.

"Actually, I came here to see you." Hiccup informed as he sat beside you. You quirked a brow, letting him know that you were listening. "Is...is there anything going on in between you and Eret?" Hiccup asked, as he fiddled with his thumbs.

"Of course not! Why would you- wait, do you not trust me?" You asked.

"No! No, I didn't mean it like that! I trust you. It's just- I saw you talking to Eret last night and- and you know he's bigger and-"

You cut him off. "Yes we were talking because I told him to give Ruffnut a chance, you know, to get to know her. It was nothing more, why would I want Eret when I already have the thing that I wanted most?" You asked, tilting his chin to make him look at you. You smiled. "I have you. I don't want, or need anything else. Eret ans I are just friends, okay? I love you and only you."

As to prove your point, you pecked his lips, causing him to smile. "I think I need a little more convincing. How about another?"  Hiccup asked teasingly.

You pushed his shoulder as he chuckled. "You are such a dork."

"But you love it." He smiled, scooting closer.

"Do I?" You asked, as he nodded. "Yes, yes I do."

You then pushed him onto his back, straddling his waist, giving him a sweet kiss. "Never doubt my love for you stable boy."

"Never again."