Chapter 7

You chuckled, shaking your head as you spotted Valka coming towards you all at the corner of your eye. You turned in her direction and greeted her with a warm smile. "Evening Val."

"Good evening guys," she greeted smiling. "Racing again I see?" You and Hiccup shrugged sheepishly as her smile grew. "Who won?"

"Well, this time it was a tie," Fishlegs answered.

"Oh, that's good. Well, Hiccup you have a chief meeting to attend to and your duties to take care of," Valka informed, shifting her gaze to Hiccup.

Hiccup nodded as he whistle Toothless over. "Well, I'll see you all later." He quickly pecked your cheek as he and Toothless took off.

"You know what we haven't done in awhile?" Snotlout asked, as you all looked at him. "Dragon racing."

"You know, that doesn't sound like a bad idea," you smiled.

"No, it actually doesn't," Astrid smirked, putting her hand on her hip. "Snotlout, that's actually the smartest thing you said all day."

"Why, thank you," he bowed mockingly.

"Well what are we waiting for?" Ruffnut asked. "Lets go get our war paint on!"

"Okay, to the academy!" Snotlout exclaimed, as everyone began to head to the academy.

"Val, can you round up the village? I think they'll enjoy the show," you smiled.

"Of course dear. I'll see you at the game," she smiled as she took off.

"Alright, c'mon girl. Lets head to the academy," you waved Midnight over, as you both walked side by side towards the academy.

Once you both got there, you glanced around seeing the gang putting on paint on their dragons, and as well as their faces. You then headed over to a table, scanning over the colors of paint till your eyes landed on a violet paint. You picked up the paint, walking over towards Midnight, who was sitting up right, waiting patiently for you.

"C'mon, girl. Lets get you dolled up," you smiled, as she let out a huff.

You chuckled softly as you began to apply the purple paint. You started with her face, painting two small strokes under her eyes. Then, you painted two streaks on both of her ears, causing her to twitch her ears ever so slightly. You then moved down to her legs, painting elegant swirls on her legs. After, you moved to her tail, painting a skull on her left fin, then painting the initial 'M' for Midnight. You then quickly went back to her face, painting an electric bolt on her left eye.

As you pulled back, you gazed at Midnight, looking her over and admiring your work.

"You look stunning. A true warrior at that," you grinned.

Midnight cooed at your compliment, as you set a shield against the wall to see your reflection. You dipped your index and middle finger in the paint, as you swiftly painted to small streaks under your eyes and painting an electric bolt on your left eye.

As you cleaned your hand with a rag, Astrid came up to you, looking at you and Midnight. "You both look great."

"I could say the same for you and Stormfly. You both look amazing," you smiled, as Stormfly cooed at your compliment.

You and Astrid chuckled as Snotlout walked up to the both of you. "And I look amazing as always," he smiled cockily.

"That you do," you agreed, "Only if you were covered in dragon dung."

The twins then busted out laughing as Fishlegs and Astrid laughed.

"You need to stop insulting me," Snotlout pointed a finger at you.

"And you need to shut that mouth of yours and stop being cocky," you replied.

Snotlout crossed his arms, and as he was about to give a snarky remark, Valka entered the academy. "They're on their way, they'll be here shortly."

"Alright, gang! Saddle up and lets roll!" you stated, as everyone nodded and followed you out.