Chapter 33

By the time you woke up, Hiccup was already gone. You yawned as you swung your legs over the edge of the bed, stretching briefly before getting up and walking out the door and downstairs, seeing Valka.

"Morning Val." You greeted. You then heard snickers, making you turn to see Midnight looking away innocently, as Valka had done the same. "What's so funny?" You asked.

"Your face." Midnight gurgled in amusement. 

"That's not funny." You mumbled as you turned to Valka. 

She continued to chuckle as she grabbed a newly polished metal plate, handing it over to you, still trying to stifle her laughter. You narrowed your eyes in confusion, taking the plate and looking at your reflection, to see that you had paint on your face. 

You gasped as Midnight crooned. "Told you it was your face." 

You glared at Midnight for a moment before turning to Valka. "Where has your lovely son run off to?" You asked her with a dangerous smile.

"Oh, he's at the academy." She replied with a smile, having no trouble to out her son.

"Thank you, come on Midnight." You stated as Midnight followed you out the door. "Two can play this game." You mumbled.

"What are you going to do?" Midnight asked.

"You'll see." You smirked. As you made your way into the academy, you saw Hiccup's back facing you. You dipped your hand into a pint of blue paint that was nearby before shouting at Hiccup, causing him and Toothless to jump. "Haddock!" 

"Sweet mother of Thor! I'm so sorry! Really I'm really sorry!" Hiccup apologized. Hiccup kept apologizing profusely as you stalked forward.

"What have you done?" Toothless asked Hiccup, as if he was an idiot.

You then smeared the paint onto the side of his face. 

"Hm." Hiccup hummed with a dangerous smirk.

"Nothing to do here." Toothless moved away, trying to get as far away from you and Hiccup.

"Nothing to do over here either." Midnight agreed, moving away also.

Hiccup quickly dipped his hand in red paint, splattering it onto your wool sweater, making you gasp.

"This is nice wool, Hiccup!" You exclaimed, dipping your hand  in orange paint, splattering it on his leather armor.

He flinched back with a gasp. "And that's nice leather, [Name]!"

You then dunked your hand in red paint, splattering it on his right leg.  

"Oh, not the leg! You know that it's not--" He got cut off as he slipped in the paint, landing on his backside. 

"You were saying?" You asked with a smile.

You couldn't help but laugh as you went to pull him up. Once he was on his feet again, he smeared orange paint on your face as you smeared red paint onto his face. 

"Is that all you got?" Hiccup challenged, dipping his hand in green paint as you dipped your hand in blue.

"No, I can do this all day." You smirked. 

You both lunged at one another, smearing one another in paint laughing. 

"Hey, are you both- oh." Valka gasped, seeing you both in a messy state.

You smiled in embarrassment as Hiccup spoke. "Oh, hi mom!" 

Valka chucked, shaking her head. "Hiccup, you have a meeting but I'll tell them to wait since you need to clean up."

"Okay." Hiccup nodded as Valka walked out with Cloudjumper.

"I hate you." You mumbled with a tiny smile.

"No you don't, you love me." Hiccup smiled. You stuck out your tongue at him as you began to head out of the academy. "Where are you going?" He asked.

"To the cove to wash off the paint on my face and hair." You stated as Midnight followed you.

"Wait, I'm coming!" He stated, as he mounted Toothless.

"Do not touch me with your filthy hands." Midnight grumbled.

You smirked, looking ahead as wiped your hand on her face. "I just did." You smirked. 

"I just told you not to!" Midnight huffed in annoyance.

"You know that [Name] will do exactly the opposite of what anyone says." Toothless crooned.

"Hey, Toothless gets me. Listen to your mate, will you?" You smiled at Midnight.

"[Name]." Midnight rumbled in embarrassment.

You and Hiccup laughed as you four headed to the cove.