Chapter 38

Two weeks later...

You and Midnight were in the academy, waiting for the gang to arrive. A couple of nights ago, Snotlout wanted to see you and Eret fight in a duel to which you both shot down the idea quickly, but of course Snotlout wasn't going to stop bugging until he got what he wanted. After him following you and Eret around and pestering you both about the situation so much, you and Eret finally decided to have the duel to get it over with and for Snotlout to keep his mouth shut.

You dragged Midnight's third bag of fish over to her that was against the wall, letting it spill onto the ground to which he happily dove into. It was her third bag in a row, but you shrugged it off, since she didn't have her morning meal. Just then the gang walked in, trying to guess who would win.

"[Name] hands down. She beat Snotlout and Astrid." Ruffnut exclaimed. 

"Hey, she had a lucky shot!" Snotlout defended. 

"No she didn't, yet you still argue about it to this day." Astrid added. 

"No, sis. Eret's gonna win. I mean, have you seen how big and strong he is?" Tuffnut asked, motioning to Eret.

"Of course I've noticed!" She exclaimed.

"Okay!" You said, clapping your hands together. "Are we going to argue all day on who's gonna win? Or are we going to watch and see who wins the fight?"

"I think the second one is good." Fishlegs spoke.

"Good, I agree." You smiled, taking out your two swords. "Shall we begin, Mr. Ferret?"

He smiled, taking out his sword and pointing it at you. "Ooh, are we name calling now? Are you ready, Mrs. Haddock?" 

You heard gasps and oohs from the gang, as you tighten your grip on your swords. "Never been more ready." You smirked. 

"All right, on three!" Astrid exclaimed, as she and the gang stood by the wall. "One...two...three!"

Eret quickly swung his sword, making you just duck in time. You brought your swords in an 'x' to block his blow. Eret pushed down, to which you pushed up, sliding your leg underneath his, knocking him down. 

"I see you're a bit rusty. Just want to call it a win?" You smirked.

He smiled as he kicked your leg, causing you to fall back as he quickly straddled your waist. "No, it looks like you're the one who's a bit rusty."

You then quickly bucked him off, quickly grabbing your swords as you stood up. "I might be a bit rusty, but I can still beat you." 

"Is that so?" He smiled, knocking your right sword out of your right hand.

You then quickly tossed your left sword to your right hand, blocking another blow of his. You felt sweat tickling down the side of your face as you sent a kick to his stomach. You then kicked his sword out of his hand, bringing your sword down to his neck.

"I win." You grinned.

"I don't think so." He smiled as he took your wrist, taking your sword out of your hand.

You quickly dodged his arm, picking up your other sword to defend yourself with. You both clashed swords again. He was a good fighter, obviously since he was an ex-hunter. Your hits were getting a bit sloppy, but you both were still going at it.

"You give up?" He asked as you stood up from the ground. 

"I can do this all day." You breathed.

"No you can't." Midnight crooned.

"I can." You mumbled, sending another blow. 

You heard Midnight huff in annoyance as Astrid spoke. "Okay, that's enough!"

You looked at her in bewilderment. "What, why?"

"Yeah, why?" Eret asked, his hands on his knees as he tried to get his breath back.

"You both did great, but you both are gonna pass out from exhaustion if you son't stop." Astrid stated.

"Astrid's right." Hiccup informed. You all whipped around to see Hiccup and Toothless walking in. "It looks like you might pass out."

"Well, at least tell us who won." You breathed.

Fishlegs went over his journal before looking up at you all. "Well, form the looks of it, it's a draw."

You then heard shouts go throughout the academy, arguing who would've won if the fight went on a little longer.

"I'm telling you guys, if I had a bit more time, I would've had him." You said as Eret scoffed.

"No you wouldn't." Midnight shook her head.   

"I would've." You protested, giving her a quick glance. 

"[Name], who are you talking to?" Astrid asked.

Oh no.