Chapter 24

Later on that night as you slept, Astrid did come by the house, throwing small pebbles on the side of the window, causing you to wake from your slumber.

You had carefully slipped out of Hiccup's arms, going over to the window to see Astrid looking up at you. You gave her a thumbs up, signaling that you were up, as she did the same before walking back home with Stormfly by her side.

You then quickly changed into your armor, not strapping your swords or daggers, knowing that the dragons wouldn't act well to it if they saw it. As you were about to leave for your shift, you spotted Hiccup's inferno on his desk.

When you looked back at Hiccup, still seeing that he was still asleep, you quietly took the inferno as you made your way out, heading quietly down the stairs. Once reaching the bottom and seeing Midnight cuddled up to Toothless, you didn't want to wake her so you let her be as you quietly made your way out the front door.

As you headed to the academy, you strapped Hiccup's inferno to your waist securely. Once reaching the top of the academy, you peered down below, seeing the faint shadows of the dragons. Even though you could barely see the outlight of their figures from the moonlight, you could hear them shifting and their growls echoing softly.

You then looked upwards towards the sky, gazing at the twinkling stars and the moon, smiling slightly until you heard the dragons' growls grow a bit louder, and heard more shifting.

You knew that if you didn't do something soon, that something bad was going to happen because as of now the dragons were not happy.

You then quietly made your way down, walking through the doors of the academy, which made the dragons growl a bit more, and caused their cages to rattle. You knew that you or anyone else weren't suppose to be near or interact with the dragons, but something needed to be done and fast.

You then pulled out Hiccup's inferno, which caused the dragons to continue to growl. You then placed your finger to your lips in a shushing motion. You then pressed the button on the handle, igniting the sword aflame.

As you twisted the firey blade in a graceful mannor, it made the dragons pause, watching your calculating movements with the blade. It was as if you were hypnotizing the dragons as you twisted and twirled the blade. The fire moved with you as you drew close to the cages, bringing the sword in an up and down motion, causing the dragons to follow the capitulating light.

You then moved away as you bent down, sliding your leg as you moved in a circular motion, letting the firey blade trail behind you.

As you did so, Hiccup was watching from the top of the academy. He would've been mad that you had broken the number one rule, but didn't, seeing you calming the dragons. He trusted you completely, no doubt about it, but somehow he just knew that something was gonna happen, but he wasn't expecting this.

"You know, she's a lot like you."

Hiccup jumped startled as he turned around to his mother. "Mom!"

She ignored him as she kept her eyes on your swift movements. "I remember when I first met you, how you did the same thing to the dragons in the sanctuary. She's a lot like you, Hiccup. The way she's with dragons and how she interacts with them, even the most wild and untamed ones. It's magnificent. Never seen something quite like it."

Hiccup looked at his mother for a moment before flicking his gaze back to you, seeing you slide on the ground in a circular motion releasing gas from the sword, before igniting it, making a ring of fire around yourself.

As you stood, strapping the sword to your waist, the dragons were silent, watching you with curious eyes. You then stepped forward, slowing raising your hand in mid-air towards the dragon that was in front of you; which was a Monstrous Nightmare.

The dragon looked at you with curious eyes for a moment, before closing his eyes as he leaning into your touch, purring softly.

"What are you trying to say, mom?" Hiccup questioned, as they both watched you tame the wild beast.

"I'm saying that she has a soul of a dragon."