Chapter Thirty Three

My relief was paramount as Hayley and I walked away from the Currency Creek Hospital.
My vital signs such as my heart rate and blood pressure weren't back to their usual status, but both had drifted significantly back towards my usual range.
Doctor Legend was relieved.
He wanted me to check in again late next week to be certain we were on the right track, but for now he was very happy,
The Mum's class was cancelled last minute, due to both our regular Midwives being sick.
We'd find out on Monday if the class would be rescheduled for Tuesday.
"What do you even do in the 'Mum's Classes anyway?"
Hayley asked as we walked towards the car park and her Mum's Suzuki that Hayley was allowed to drive until she managed to accumulate her own car.
I'd be in the same boat as her, sharing farm car's if I wasn't pregnant with Blayze's kid and he wasn't insanely generous.
"It's more or less a 'First Time Mum' thing."
I explained.
"They've more or less been coaching us on anything we can expect in pregnancy and also answering any questions we have."
"That's a heaps good idea!"
Hayley exclaimed.
"I wonder if our Mum's did that..."
She mused.
I shook my head.
"I asked Mum before I even went to my first class. She said they weren't available until she was pregnant with Hazel, but by then she'd already had two successful pregnancies so she didn't sign up."
Hayley laughed.
"I guess Mum wouldn't have keener then, considering she was up to being pregnant with Aahlia by then."
I nodded my agreement.
"Are you finding it worthwhile?"
Hayley questioned.
"I still ask Mum stuff."
I admitted.
"But it has been good to have other people in the same boat as me, that we can share stories with."
"Is there anyone younger than you in the class?"
I felt my cheeks immediately heat in a blush.
"No."
I shook my head.
"There's a couple more girls that are like eighteen as well, but I think they've turned nineteen or are soon."
"Oooh! Is it awkward being the youngest?"
"By the time I joined the class I already loved my baby."
I explained.
"So while it was pretty obvious there were a few who were judging me, I never let it bother me. The only reason I attended was for my Baby."
"You really are remarkable."
Hayley all but whispered.
My throat virtually instantly grew thick.
I pressed my lips together and shook my head.
"No I'm not."
I whispered.
"Hell yes you are."
My best friend insisted.
"You fell pregnant and have done nothing but take it like a champ. You're finishing High School even though you never intended to, while being pregnant. And you're dealing with this shit with Blayze and while I know you've no doubt been crying behind closed doors, you've showed up to school every day this week and haven't shed a tear!"
Haven't shed a tear?
I've shed plenty of tears!
"Oh crap! I did that didn't I! I mentioned what I wasn't supposed to!"
Hayley's alarmed yet guilty voice had me suddenly realising that a slow stream of big, fat, hot tears were rolling down my cheeks.
I lifted my hands to wipe at my cheeks.
No crying now Bailey.
Enjoy your time with Hayley.
"You did nothing wrong."
I denied, turning to face my bestie.
"All you did is remind me how much I love you."
Hayley smiled softly.
The cloudy appearance to her grey eyes told me she saint one hundred percent believe me though.
I pulled her into a hug, struggling just a little to manage the gesture around my belly.
"I really do love you."
Hayley agreed, rubbing my back.
"And I want you to talk to me, let me know how you're coping."
"And what if I'm not?"
I asked, my voice coming out croaky.
"It might hurt like hell, but you will be. Wanna know why?"
"Why?"
I squeaked, my chin propped over Hayley's shoulder.
"Because you're Bailey Grace Harley."
I don't feel lime 'Bailey Grace Harley' right now.
I feel like a flower that was rapidly wiltering.
There was nothing I could do except take each day one day at a time.
And it hurt.
"Shall we find somewhere to grab a bite to eat?"
Hayley suggested, stepping backward.
As if on cue, my stomach growled.
Loudly enough that I not only felt it, but heard it too and clearly Hayley also heard.
Hayley giggled.
"Baby's hungry!"
"Baby, Me, who knows these days?"
I said with a roll of my eyes.
Laughing, Hayley turned on her heel to lead the last of the way to the Suzuki.