Chapter Forty

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU to RachelBaker976 , @Jessie160802 (apparently I can't actually tag you 😔) , Kayla-Jan , @mackbelfield (apparently I can't tag you either 😥), ReneSolomon , @LucyMay_1D and @southerngal14 (apparently I can't tag you guys either 😩) for your comments!
It was so absolutely amazing to hear from you and I can't thank you enough for your positive input!
💚PalominoDreamtime💚

🐎 Bailey 🐎

"Happy Birthday dear Haaaaaazelllllll!"
My Sister leaned forward and did her best to blow out the six candles on her strawberry sponge cake.
I joined the rest of the family in clapping for the young girl's efforts.
Hazel's sixth birthday.
Where the heck did those years go?
I could quite clearly remember going with Grandma and Grandpa to the hospital to visit Mum and Hazel when Hazel was born.
Although I'd been twelve, I'd still been worried that the only hours old baby would be ugly for the rest of her life.
Turn's out that alien-like appearance faded and she's now a stunning young girl who I can picture in TV screens or runways one day.
"Hazel's got two boyfriends!"
Talon teased, dancing around the end of the extended dining table.
I couldn't help but laugh at the cheeky little shit, the eldest of our cousin's.
Hazel's cheeks flamed in an embarrassed blush and she looked down at the table to avoid eye contact while Mum took the cake away to cut it up.
I pressed on the button to stop recording on Blayze's phone.
There was a problem.
Yes on Tuesday I'd picked up my fixed phone from our only Telstra store in town.
But I'd taken photos of Phoenix, Aviator, River and Zuke and well now my phone wouldn't let me take another picture and certainly not a video.
I'd received a warning that my 'storage was almost full', but I'd ignored it.
Now my camera app won't work.
I needed to find the time to back my phone up to my laptop so I could delete the photos off my phone and make room for new ones according to Heath.
But you can't miss evidence of a child's birthday, so currently I was armed with two phones.
The adults cleared out of the dining room, I guess while Mum and Grandma went about plating up the birthday cake, leaving the kids to gossip about whatever it is that kids talk about.
I turned to follow the adults, slipping Blayze's phone into my jumper pocket to join my own.
A sudden vibrating sensation made me frown at my pocket.
I rummaged into the kangaroo pouch and grabbed the phone that was buzzing away.
Pulling the phone out, I checked the screen and froze.
It was Blayze's phone that was ringing, because Rikki's name was plastered across the screen.
The jealous bitch in me, that we all have inside of us, wanted to just reject the call and then Blayze wouldn't have to know she'd called.
But the 'going to be Mum any time now' Me reasoned that what if it was something important about Tameron?
What if it was Tameron who wanted to talk to Blayze?
I was admittedly torn in two directions, but I managed to force myself to be mature enough to turn back around to give Blayze his phone so that the next move was his choice.
He was currently sitting on a chair alongside Heath, chatting about who the hell knows what.
"Blayze!"
I called to get his attention.
They stopped their conversation and both turned their dark heads my way expectantly.
"Phone."
I told him, extending the vibrating device towards him.
He looked surprised.
"You're done playing photographer?"
When his hand connected with the still vibrating phone, he looked even more surprised.
I released my end and he turned the phone around to check who was calling.
But because I already knew the answer, I turned on my heel to walk away.
I could aim to be as mature as the Queen.
It didn't mean I enjoyed seeing some woman's name on my boyfriend's phone screen.
Especially when she'd already proven to be a troublemaker.
A warm, strong hand gripped my wrist and pulled me backward.
"Blayze-"
I protested on a sigh.
He just doesn't get it.
And I can't expect him to.
I just need to attempt to find a way to deal with it.
He has a kid to Rikki.
He kind of doesn't have a choice but to talk to her sometimes.
"I don't wanna talk to her."
He muttered, pulling me and my basketball sized belly to sit on his lap.
"You kind of have to."
Those words didn't come from only my mouth.
I shot Heath a quick, small smile which he returned.
Suddenly Blayze groaned.
I twisted around, trying to get a look at his face.
"Another fucking voicemail."
He grumbled.
My heart seemed to pound in my chest.
Voicemail?
Why?
What's this bloody woman trying to play at?
Yeah but it could be something to do with Tameron.
"What if it's about Tameron? You should check it."
I told him and went to get up.
There's no need for me to hang around.
Even if it is about Tameron, it's hardly my business.
Blayze put an arm around me, stopping me from leaving.
"Stop trying to run away."
I felt a blush heat my cheeks.
Damn it.
Heath smirked.
"Fine I'll check it."
Blayze relented.
"But you two get to listen so I've got witnesses to her fucking idiocy."
Great.
I get to listen to a Voicemail Rikki's left him.
Totally my dream come true.
What if she was confessing her undying love for him?
What if she was listing off all the reason's why they should be together?
Blayze tapped at the phone screen and suddenly the machine voice kicked in.
'You have one new voice message'.
The robotic voice explained.
'Message received today at six fifty six PM'.
Wonderful.
'Hi Daddy'.
The young and quite familiar voice that sounded a little odd in recording reached my ear's.
Blayze, Heath and I all exchanged a surprised glance.
It was Tameron!
'I love you and I miss you'.
Tameron's recorded voice explained.
My heart melted.
One day that would be my Son or Daughter saying things like that.
But I hoped it wouldn't be because he or she was facing a screwed up situation like Tameron was, where he or she wasn't able to see Blayze.
"That's pretty cute."
Heath whispered, his dark blue eyes soft.
I couldn't agree more.
I leaned in to plant a kiss on Blayze's cheek, at the same time as peeling his arm off my waist.
"Call him back."
I told him as I stood.
"He deserves it and so do you."
I left Blayze and Heath alone and headed into the kitchen to help prepare the birthday dessert.