Hope Is Strongest

Katniss P.O.V

I wake up and Peeta is standing next to me with a box that has holes on it and tied off with a bow. "What's this?" I ask. "A gift from Prim and I." He says and places the box in my lap. I take the bow off and then I hear a lot of mewing. I know what is is. I take the lid of the box off and then a cute little gray kitten comes out. I pick it up and kiss it's head. "Aww Peeta this kitten is adorable." I say. "I thought that you might like him." Peeta says. "I love him thank you." I say. Peeta hugs me and I hug him too. My kitten plays with my hair and we both laugh. "Are you going to name him?" Peeta asks. "Yeah I'll call him Storm." I say. "I like that." Peeta says. We both play with him for a while but Peeta has to take him back to my house since he can't stay here with me. When he comes back we just talk until it's late. "You know I'm working on something else for you." He says. "Really?" I ask with a big smile. "Yep. It's almost done. I'm hoping that it's done by the time you come home." He says. "I can't wait." I say. I give him a kiss and then he leaves. 

~3 days later; Wednesday~

Today is the day I get out of the hospital and go home. Peeta drives me home and Clove and Prim are waiting for us inside with a cake. "Welcome home Katniss!!" they say together. "Aw you guys." I say and hug them. They set the cake down on the table and I sit down. They light the candles and then I blow them out. They all cheer and clap for me and I blush a little. Clove and Prim hug me. "Do you like the gift that Peeta and I got you?" Prim asks. "Yes I love my Stormie Pie." I say and pet him. "Oh Katniss that other surprise is ready." Peeta says. "Yay!" I say. He makes me cover my eyes and then he takes me to a room in my house. "Okay you can open them now." He says. I uncover my eyes to find the cutest nursery ever. It's light gray with yellow accents. "Peeta, this is so nice." I say. I shed a few tears but the I hug him. "How did you do all of this?" I ask. "Well I am a painter and I wanted to give you two something special." He says. He places his hand on my stomach and we kiss. We go to the kitchen and we eat cake. "Did you guys make this guys?" I ask Clove and Prim. "Mmhm."

 We are all enjoying eachothers company when suddenly the door opens and he comes in my house. Peeta hides me behind his back. "Katniss come here you stupid pathetic bitch!" He yells. "She doesn't have to Gale. Leave her alone." Peeta says. "Shut up pretty boy! You're not in this." Gale says. He comes over and pushes him aside. He grabs my forearm and then takes me to my room. "Gale stop! That hurts!!" I cry. He locks the door behind him and throws me on the bed. "You never met up with me." he says. "I didn't want to. I don't want to be with you." I say. He pulls out a knife from his back pocket. "Gale don't. Do you really want to kill our baby?" I ask. "It's not mine. It's his and you fuckin know it." He yells. "Gale I'm sorry it just happened." I say. He pulls me by the hair and slams me into the closet. When he is about to hurt me again I push him away and go to unlock the door. He then forcefully grabs my shoulder and turns me around. And then I feel the knife enter my body. Gale hops out my window and I fall to the ground. I get on my knees and open the door. I fall into try to stand but then I fall into his arms. "Katniss come on stay with me!" Peeta says frantically. My breathing is shallow and I hold the site of my wound.  Peeta picks me up and rushes me out it his car. Clove and Prim are in the back and he lays me across them. Clove talks to me and so does Prim. They try to get me to stay awake but slowly my eyes shut. "Come on Katniss stay awake!!" I hear Prim scream at me and that's the last thing I hear and remember. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hear my monitor beeping. I open my eyes and Peeta has my hand. I squeeze his hand to let him know that I'm awake. "Hey Kat." He says. "Hi." I say weakly. I move to give him a hug but I'm over come with a bad  pain in my abdomen. "No Katniss just lay back. It's okay just lay down." He says. I lay back down and we sit in silence. The doctor comes in and asks Peeta to leave for a moment. "Katniss I have so bad news. I'm sorry to say but you've lost your baby. I'm so very sorry." I want to scream but I contain it. I hide my face in my hands and cry. Peeta comes back in and must see my crying because he wraps his arms around me. "Shh Katniss it's okay." He says. "This is all my fault!!" I sob. "No..no Katniss it's okay. It's not your fault." Peeta says. "Yes it is!! I should've never let him in my life." I say. "I'm sorry Peeta. I took the one thing away from you that you cared most about." I sob. "No Katniss, I care about you more. Sure our baby meant the world to me but I have you. All that matters right now is you." He says. I let go of him and cry into my pillow. Peeta rubs my back and tries to give me some more comforting. But I don't want comforting, I just want out baby back. After a while of crying my eyes out, I let Peeta hold me again. "Katniss I'm sorry that you are going through this but you can make it." Peeta says. "I'll try to make it through." I say. I look into his eyes and he looks into mine. Somehow by just looking in his eyes I feel like I can.