Rejection and Revival

~6 weeks later~
Peeta's P.O.V.
"Oh Peeta, I love you!" Glimmer says as she snuggles with me.

"Me too." I say.

"Wait you don't love me?" She asks and her lip is quivering.

"No no, Glimm, I love you too!" I say.

She laughs a little. "Ha! You said it!" She says and smirks at me. I roll my eyes and sigh.

"Can we go to the mall?"

"The mall? Why?" I ask.

"Because I like things." She says

"Don't you have enough things?" I ask.

"No. You can never have enough things baby."

"Fine. Let's go." I say.

"Thanks Peeta!"

Katniss P.O.V
I lay in my bed not wanting to do anything ever again. I got out of the hospital a little while ago. I'm still puzzled about everything. My door opens but I just keep my head on my pillow. The end of my bed sinks in a little.

"Katniss are you okay?" Prim asks.

I don't answer her.

"Katniss we should do something. Please? How about the mall? That's always fun, right?" She suggests.

"Sure." I say and get up. She leaves so I can get presentable. Once I'm ready we go. Prim takes me to a lot of stores but I still can't cheer up.

"Katniss I'll be in here for a sec." She says.

"Okay. I'll just wait here."
I just look around at all the stores and people passing by. But one person across the way catches my eye. I'm screaming in my head to go talk to him, but I know he is thinks I'm crazy. But who cares? I'll still go talk to him.

"Hi Peeta." I say.

"Oh, uh, hi Katniss."

"Um how've you been?" I ask.

"Good. I see you're out of the hospital." He says.

"Yeah."

"I heard you're dating Glimmer now."

"Yeah. I am."

"I thought you loved me." I say.

"I did Katniss, but you wouldn't let me."

"But I did. We were so happy together." I say.

"Not this again."

"What??"

"Katniss, it was just a dream. We've never dated." He says.

"But we did. We've been through so much." I say.

"Katniss we really didn't."

"But-"
Glimmer comes up and kisses him.

"Hey Peeta. I'm done." She says.
"Oh hello Katniss. I see that your attempt didn't work again, right? And oh, let me guess.... you were trying to convince Peeta that you guys have dated right?" She asks.

"Well newsflash honey, he's with me and not you and he never has." She snaps.

"Come on Glimm, let's go." Peeta says. "Bye Katniss."

'Bye Peeta.' I think. I go back over to where Prim was. She comes out and has some bags.

"Hey Katniss," she says.

"Can we go Prim?" I ask trying to to hold in my tears.

"Well if you really want to. Did something happen?" She asks.

"No. I just want to go home."

"Well can we stay a bit longer please Kat?"

"NO PRIM!! I just want to go home!!!!" I yell.

"Well okay. I was just trying to help Katniss." She says.

Clove P.O.V

I sit in the bed with Katniss.

She looks so vacant of life. So frail and scared. So.....alone.
"I just don't see how Peeta could be with a girl like her!" She complains.

"Katniss, you did scare him away, you're aware, correct?" I say, stroking Buttercup on my lap.

"But he just......I don't know.......he's so.......perfect." She says whistfully.

"Yeah, almost too perfect." I mutter under my breath.

"What was that?" She says, sitting up. I don't answer. Buttercup mews loudly, and I run behind her ears.

"Katniss, maybe you should come with us when we go backpacking." I say, finally breaking the silence.

"Why, exactly?"

"Well, you know that Cato and Gale and Marvel and I are all going backpacking across part of the Appalachian trail for Thanksgiving break. We thought maybe you'd want to come with us." I offer.

"I don't know..."

"Come on, you need to clear your mind and get out of the house. It'd be fun! And your mom agrees, you need to just go out into the wilderness with us like you and Gale always did every weekend."

"Okay okay. I'll go." She sighs. I pump my fist in the air in triumph.

"Glad you decided to come." I break into a wide smile.

Peeta's P.O.V

Katniss Everdeen.

Such an odd creature. One that terrifies her intrigues me. She is an unstable teen who might be a bit crazy, okay completely mad, but yet she has this thing about her.

This intriguing tempting thing.

But she has already rejected me twice. Once when we were in Middle School, once in Sophomore year. I'm not ready to start a new kindling between us.

And frankly, neither is she.

She still thinks we're a thing.

Does she even know what's real and what's not? I highly doubt it.

Katniss P.O.V

Maybe this trip will be good for me. Surrounded by my friends, the people who have stuck with me.

Maybe it will be a revival.
A new chapter in my life.

This will be the week I finally change. Who cares about Peeta Mellark and Glimmer whatever the heck her last name is!? I certainly don't. Not anymore. I have decided, that I'll let Peeta come to me. I don't want anymore rumors to start, and I don't want him to hate me more.

But what if I'm left to my own devices, and I don't get it together? What if I fall apart? What if Peeta and Glimmer spread rumors about me? What if I die out in the woods? What if I deserve it? What if....What if.....what if......

But I do not have time to think about the 'what ifs'.

There is only room for the now.

HELLO FEOM THE OTHER SIDE (Of this story)!!!!! It is I, thewritternextdoor. I'm doing the a/n today. So I hope ya'll enjoyed that chapter. If you have any questions, comments, IDEAS for following chapters, comment or DM one of us.