Easter

~ Bastille ~

(before they were famous)

You wake up to see your best friend and roommate Kyle walking about with bunny ears on.

"I've been waiting for you to get up for ages Y/N!" Kyle whines before handing you a plate with toast.

"Sorry." You mumble before eating.

"Don't be too long. Wear something summery as it's very warm outside and we're going out for a picnic with Dan, Will, Woody and Charlie okay?" Kyle beams.

"Why are we all going out... it's not like it's any special day or something." You mumble.

"That is where you are wrong Y/N, for today is Easter, can't you not tell by the ears I am wearing on my head?" Kyle asks. You just roll your eyes and he leaves your room. Kyle has been your best friend for as long as you can remember. He introduced you to Dan, (your boyfriend), Will, Charlie and Woody. You've shared an apartment with him since he started university and you college. You would've gone to the same university but it didn't do the course you wanted.

You pick out Dan's favourite dress on you, a handbag, sunglasses and a cardigan, in case it got cold.

~*~*~*~*

~*~*~*~*

You arrive at the picnic. Of course you're late there, Kyle is never on time causing you to be late as he is your ride. You get out the car and run to Dan who hugs you tightly.

"Hey. You look amazing." He mumbles in your ear.

"Thanks Dan." You smile before pulling away. You greet Charlie, Will and Woody with hugs as well, asking them how they are while Dan and Kyle get this picnic sorted. There was an array of food, from sandwiches, cold pasta, fruit to chocolate cake, sponge cake and cupcakes with Cadburys mini eggs on top. "It looks amazing guys." You smile.

"I get dibs on the pasta!" Charlie shouts and dives towards the pasta. Everyone rolls their eyes but gets started. You picked out a sandwich and sat beside Dan on the grass.

~*~*~*~*

You were all out longer than expected. The guys lay on the grass, discussing the bands future, your head resting on Dan's chest. It was perfect. One person recognised the guys from a small gig they played in a local bar.

"See look, you guys have a fan, you've got to start somewhere." You smile.

"They probably didn't even like our music." Dan mumbles and you hit his chest lightly.

"Stop being such a pessimist Daniel." You growl.

"They probably loved it." Kyle says with a small smile.

"I can see big things happen in the future... The name Bastille in bright colourful lights around the world in many different arenas, thousands of people just screaming to get in. Then the fan fiction will start." You mumble.

"The what?" Dan asks.

"I'll explain another day." You smile before closing your eyes and dozing off in the warm breeze.