Responsive

Me 24/7 ^ 😂😂😂😂Part 3 of numb

Me 24/7 ^ 😂😂😂😂
Part 3 of numb.

TW: mental health, self harm, depression, suicide, hospital, blood. Please chat with family, friends or a suicide hotline if you are struggling. It gets better I promise💖

Dan gets out of hospital the day after he got taken off the IVs and bloods. A therapy session is scheduled for a week today. Dan is still upset about the whole thing. You have been keeping him distracted however.

"Do you want to go out today?" You ask Dan in the morning. He shakes his head. The doctor has told you to be patient with him for awhile. "Shall we binge watch a show or watch movies?" Dan nods. "What do you want to watch?"

"Twin peaks." He mumbles. The new series just came out and it's cheering Dan up. Dan heads to the sofa and lies down. You grab the remote control and get the box set up. You get the first episode up and press play. You head over to the sofa and lie down in front of Dan. His arms wrap around your body and his chin rests on your shoulder. Whatever keeps Dan happy you have been doing. He's only asked for simple things like hugs and sleeping in the same bed to keep an eye on him after he had a bad nightmare. "I'll promise I'll go out tomorrow."

"Just take your time Dan." You whisper. "Don't do something unless you want to do it."

"Thanks Y/N." He whispers.

~*~*~*~*

You wake up to Dan still in bed, his ocean blue eyes watching you wake.

"Morning." You mumble and stretch.

"I've been waiting forever for you to wake up." He frowns. "I want to go outside and do something today."

"You sure?" You ask and he nods. "Alright, where do you want to go?"

"Just a walk round the park." He replies. You frown slightly hoping he wanted to do more than that but it's a step forward. You nod and get out of bed.

~*~*~*~*

"Can I hold your hand?" Dan mumbles. You had both just arrived at the park, it was quite busy and Dan obviously wasn't exactly happy.

"Yeah." You reply and hold you hand out for him to take. He slowly takes it and grips onto it.

"Maybe coming outside was a bad idea let's go back yeah?" Dan asks, clearly uncomfortable.

"Dan!" We then hear a random woman's voice. You both turn around and you feel Dan's hand clench yours even more.

"Hi..." Dan mumbles as a tall woman approaches. This is the girl he met last year...

"Why haven't you been answering my texts or my phone calls?" She asks with a frown.

"I haven't had my phone on." He replies. "I've been sick."

"Really? You don't look sick." She says.

"Just because he doesn't look sick doesn't mean he isn't sick." You mumble.

"Y/N leave it." Dan mumbles. "We'll be going now." Dan pulls you away and begins to head back to the car. "Tomorrow will be a better day." He states.

"We can go somewhere else?" You suggest but Dan shakes his head immediately.

"That was enough excitement for one day." He smiles. He takes his phone out of his pocket and clears some notifications. "She won't leave me alone now." He sighs. You watch as he goes into settings and blocks the girls number.

"Are you sure that was necessary?!" You ask.

"Well yeah, I want to get better right?" He smiles. You stand there stunned, watching as he gets into the car with a small smile on his face. You slowly follow and start the car. Dan's smile still visible throughout the rest of the journey.