Shopping

~ Dan ~

Shopping with Dan can be tricky... Either he complains for the whole trip, is on his phone for the whole trip or is wandering about the shop trying to buy stuff he doesn't even need. Today is the second one. He will not communicate or anything.

"Come on Dan." You whine. "Please just get off your phone for one minute." He looks up at you before shaking his head, going back to texting whoever. "If you don't get off your phone right now I am choosing what is for dinner, what movie we are watching tonight and what snacks we are having with said movie." You state.

"That's unfair." He mumbles.

"Well it's unfair for me that you're on your phone." You tell him. He grumbles something under his breath before putting his phone away in his pocket. "Thanks you. Now, what do you want for dinner?"

"I'd rather have pizza." He whispers, looking at the selection of food you chose.

"But you love-"

"I want pizza." He mumbles. You sigh before putting the stuff you chose back. You head along to the aisle with the biscuits and bags of sweets and crisps. Dan picks up a couple of things and carefully places them in the basket. You also pick up some stuff and put it into the basket before heading along to the film aisle, you wanted to watch something new this week. Dan's eyes flick between all the different covers to the films before shaking his head. You just sigh.

"If you don't want to watch any of these I will choose one." You state. Dan just shrugs before going back onto his phone. As you were looking for something to watch, Dan slowly walks away, a small smile on his face, replying to a text message. You just ignore him. As he isn't here to choose what film to watch, you decided on Me Before You. It's a film you've always wanted to see before but Dan refused to take you to see it, so, might as well force him to see it. You pay and leave the shop only to wait for Dan in the car. You obviously contemplated leaving him at the shop but you suspected he wouldn't be very happy. You hear the boot open. You turn around to see Dan putting stuff in it before closing it and sitting in the passenger seat. There was still a small smile etched on his face. "What are you smiling at?" You ask. He shrugs but continues to smile. He tries to hide it but that doesn't really work.

~*~*~*~*

~*~*~*~*

Dan got out the car first and ran to the boot. Just as you were getting out, a bouquet of flowers were pushed into your face.

"I'm sorry for being a dick." You hear Dan mumble. "I'm just tired and stressed..." You then feel what you believed to be a bar of chocolate placed into your free hand. "I'm really really really sorry Y/N..."

"It's fine Dan." You reply before tightly hugging him.