Pizza and Cuddles

Ayyy part 2 to I Don't Love You

~ Dan ~

"Guys are dicks anyway." Dan says, picking up another slice of pizza. You nod slowly, silently eating your pizza. "Cheer up." Dan frowns.

"It's hard to cheer up after a five year relationship was just ended." You mumble. Dan doesn't say anything, the atmosphere turning slightly awkward. Dan closes his pizza box, pushing it to the side. "So... shall we Netflix and chill?" You immediately look up at him, horrified.

"Dan, do you know what that means?" You ask slowly and he shakes his head. "Basically it's code for fucking." You watch as Dan's face slowly turns red.

"Well unless you want to." Dan winks in a joking manner. "I think Netflix and cuddling is more appropriate." He smiles, picking up the pizza box and heading through to the kitchen. He returns and sits beside you, lightly resting his head on your shoulder. His hand slowly reaches out for a pizza crust, making you swat his hand away.

"Don't you dare." You mumble as he chuckles beside you. His arms slowly wrap around your waist, nearly knocking the pizza box off your lap. You shake your head and continue to eat the remaining couple of slices of pizza as Dan picks up crusts and nibbles at them. Your force Dan off you when you're finished and put the cardboard pizza box in the kitchen, you'll deal with it later.

"You choose what to watch, I just need to get something." Dan smiles and slowly gets up, putting his scruffy converse on. He leaves quickly, leaving you to question what he's doing. You search through Netflix, trying to find something... anything to watch. Titanic. People tell you Dan can be very sensitive towards sad films. A bit like you, depending on the film of course.

Dan doesn't return for at least another ten minutes. When he did return, he had a plastic carrier bag and a large, fluffy blanket. He places the blanket on the sofa and opens the bag.

"Some alcohol." He says, showing you the bottles of wine. He places them down on the side table, before reaching into the bag again. "Ice cream... chocolate... tissues... and more chocolate." He smiles. "What film did you choose?"

"Titanic." You reply with a small smile.

"I'm not even going to bother arguing." Dan sighs quietly and heads through to the kitchen, returning with two spoons and two wine glasses. "Cookie dough, your favourite right?" Dan asks.

"Not my favourite favourite but it's up in the top three." You reply. Dan rolls his eyes and opens the ice cream, sticking the two spoons in it. The bottle of wine is then opened and poured into the glasses.

"Get off the sofa for a second." Dan mumbles. You slowly get up and watch as he gets the blanket sorted before lying down. He pats the space in front of him, signalling for where you have to lie down. You join him slowly and the blanket is thrown over you. His arms slowly wrap around your waist, pulling you a bit closer. After a couple of seconds of silence you press play and grab your glass of wine.

~*~*~*~*

It's nearing 3am. You're lying on top of Dan as he tries to tell random stories that make absolutely no sense.

"Dan, shhhh." You smile. You watch as his goofy smile appears and he looks away.

"That's the best thing about you Y/N, you always make me feel so happy." He whispers. "I make you happy right?"

"Nah." You reply, a small smirk pulling at your lips. Dan glares up at you before tickling your sides. "Come on! No fair!" You shout as Dan lightly chuckles under you. Eventually you manage to escape him and sit up, resting your hands lightly on his chest. "You're such a dork Dan." You smile, fixing his glasses.

"Fuck off." He whispers, swatting your hands away.

"So, are you staying the night?" You ask quietly.

"Do you want me to?" He replies, propping himself up slightly with his elbows.

"I don't mind." You whisper.

"I'll stay." He smiles. You give him a small smile before tightly hugging him.

"I love you Dan. Thanks for coming over."

"It's no problem, I love you too."