I Do Love You

~ Dan ~
Three months later

You turn your head and look over to Dan. His hair is a mess. He stays over every so often now to keep you company. You're pretty much over Kyle but you're waiting. Just waiting until you're ready for another relationship.

Dan looks so innocent when he sleeps. You've noticed there's sometimes a small smile etched on his face. You kind of wonder what makes him happy when he sleeps. Probably music. It's music 24/7 with Dan until he's in your house and then it's watching films and cuddling.

"I know you're staring at me." He mumbles suddenly. You smile slightly and he slowly opens his eyes. Those beautiful blue eyes. "Good morning sweetheart."

"Morning Dan." You laugh. He smiles over to you and slowly turns on his side. "What's your plans for today?"

"Might just not leave bed and keep you captive in bed with me." He replies.

"You can try all you want." You state and slowly try to get up but you're pulled back immediately, landing on Dan. His arms wrap around you as you continue trying to escape. You thrash about trying to escape but it's no use. Dan is too strong. You quietly sigh and stop trying to escape.

"See, you can't escape me." He quietly laughs before lightly pecking your cheek. That's when everything hits you all at once.

"Dan?" You ask quietly. He hums in reply. "Do you... do you like me? Or am I reading this wrong?" You can't be reading him wrong. This reminds you of how Kyle asked you out pretty much.

"Yeah..." He awkwardly replies. "I do like you a lot. For awhile now." Everything is now awkward and you don't know what to do. "I do love you."

"How long is awhile?" You ask, slowly sliding off him. He isn't making eye contact.

"Since I met you." He replies.

"Over five years ago? Dan why didn't you tell me!" You shout.

"Kyle threatened me." He mumbles. You raise an eyebrow, hoping to get more information out of him, but he shakes his head.

"Just give me time Dan. I'm still not ready." You whisper. He nods, a small frown on his face.