Running Away From Home

~ Charlie ~

Charlie's PoV

Hearing the doorbell going off at around 11pm is not normal... I grab something to defend myself and crack open the door, only to open it completely and usher the person inside.

"What the hell are you doing here at this time of night?!" I ask.

"I ran away." Y/N mumbles. Her hair is wet and her clothes are soaked thoroughly.

"You're going to catch a cold, take those off and have a shower." I tell her and showed her the bathroom. I give her a towel, show her how to work the shower and leave her. I grab her one of my t-shirts, a random pair of boxers and a pair of trackies. I hear the shower turn off and a few minutes later the door opens.

"Charlie! What can I wear?!" I hear Y/N shout. I run over to the bathroom and pass her the clothes. She smiles at me and disappears back inside of the bathroom. After a couple of minutes she comes back out, the clothes baggy on her.

"Do you want something to drink or to eat?" I ask and she shakes her head. "Why did you run away?" I whisper.

"Can we sit somewhere?" She suggests. I nod and we go through into my dimly lit bedroom. I sit down at the top of my bed and she sits beside me. "I was getting a lot of hassle from everyone at home so I guess I decided to leave."

"What kind of hassle?" I whisper.

"Don't panic or get worried when I show you this." Y/N mumbles. I watch as she slowly lifts up the t-shirt to reveal dark purple bruises.

"Who did this to you?" I whisper.

"My brother." She replies and slowly pulls down her t-shirt again. "My parents don't even care. I don't see why I bother living there anymore, I am 18, I can move out just like you did."

"Living alone is shit Y/N." I mumble. "It's lonely and boring."

"I'll move in with you!" She grins.

"Ah no I don't think you'll want to move in with me." I mumble as my cheeks heat up.

"I know you like me Charlie I'm not stupid." She mumbles making my heart freeze.

"Alright, yes I do like you." I mumble quietly, feeling my cheeks heat up more. I look over to her and she smiles making me look away again.

"I like you too." I hear her say before she lightly kisses my cheek making me freeze in place. "You look like a tomato." She giggles and I hide my face in my hands. "Charlie! Don't hide your face!" Her hands lightly pull on my wrists to try take them away from my face. I eventually give in and let her pull them away. I turn to look at her and she smiles again, her cheeks a light pink. I eventually smile back and hug her.

"Move in with me Y/N. You'll be away from any harm." I whisper.

"Really?" She asks pulling away. I nod my head and she immediately grins. "I could kiss you right now Charlie Barnes!"

"There's nothing stopping you." I smirk. Within a second of me saying that her soft lips are on mine and then pull away. She smiles and gets under the duvet. "Who said you're sleeping in my bed?"

"Me." Y/N replies with a smile making me laugh. I turn off my lamp and get under the duvet with her. I wrap and arm around her waist and pull her just a bit closer. "Goodnight Charlie."

"Goodnight Y/N."