Teach Me

~ Dan ~

There's a quiet knocking on your practice room door.

"Come in!" You shout. You watch as Dan sneaks in and gives you a smile.

"Hey Y/N, whatcha doing?" He asks, sitting down on the piano stool.

"What does it look like?" You ask with a smirk, pointing to your cello lying beside you as you finish writing stuff into your music.

"Can you teach me some stuff?" Dan asks.

"Sure... as long as you don't break him." You reply.

"Him?" Dan asks and you nod.

"Called him Edward - stop laughing you arse or I won't teach you anything!" You shout, immediately making Dan stop laughing. You pick up the bow and show him how to hold it. You grab the cheaper bow you carry around, just in case, and let Dan hold it.

"Like this?" He smiles, holding it in a funny position.

"No." You sigh and begin to move his fingers and making him straighten his wrist. "Like that." You smile. You grab your cello and pull the spike out, slightly further for Dan as he is taller. You give Dan the cello and he positions it so it's resting between his legs. "Make sure that the fingers on your left hand are on the tips." Dan does as he is told, you fixing his arm position slightly. "So, first finger on that string." You point to the third string. Dan places it down, both of you cringing at how flat the note sounds. "Then open string. And then fourth finger on the string below that."

"Mary had a little lamb?" Dan asks slowly, as he figures out the rest of the song himself.

"Yup, well done." You smile.

"I'm ready for whatever you're playing." He beams.

"I don't think you are..." You mumble, slowly turning the piece of music around. Sure, Faure's Elegie in C Minor isn't that difficult. "Have fun with the high notes and all the slurring." You beam, looking at Dan's horrified face.

"I'll play the piano part instead..." He mumbles, handing the cello back. "Thanks though."

"No problem, that'll be £10 for the ten minute lesson."

"Get to fuck."