Mistletoe

I remember one of my teachers from primary told us about how her husband would always meet her under the mistletoe in this park they'd walk in

~ Dan ~

Christmas night out with your work is always fun. The manager always manages to find a different restaurant every year to eat at, while still somehow managing to make the night better than the year before. Which at this stage, is getting close to impossible. Or so you thought.

The restaurant chosen this year is only open once a year during the Christmas period. Everything is Christmas themed, from the cocktails with Christmas themed names to the random mistletoe hanging from the ceiling. Of all days to have the Christmas night out, some other group had their night out. It was mainly guys, with a couple of girls at one large table. Sure, it would've been okay if they were slightly quieter.

"It's okay Y/N, they should be gone soon, they are getting their dessert." Nicole, one of your coworkers, smiles.

"It's just so frustrating." You mumble. "I wanted to have a nice dinner but obviously that's not happening." As if they heard what you said, the group fell silent. You look over to see them eating, but talking quietly, often looking in your direction. "Do you think they heard me?"

"Nah." Nicole smiles. "You're too quiet."

Dinner continues knowing their eyes are still on you. Eventually Nicole gets up and goes to ask what their problem is. You turn to watch for a couple of seconds, to see her politely talking to the group. You can't hear what is being said but hopefully they will stop staring. Nicole returns with a small smile on her face.

"Got it sorted." She smiles. You nod and take one last sip of your festive cocktail. It's actually a frozen strawberry daiquiri but they've given it some festive name like Candy Cane Dust or something. The bill is paid and everyone gets up to leave. "Hey, Y/N, do you mind waiting for me? I got to run to the toilet real quick."

"Sure." You smile and watch as the rest of your coworkers leave, telling you to have a good weekend. The louder group also gets up and begins to leave. You roll your eyes and get your phone so you can scroll through Facebook and ignore them as they pass.

"I'll be five minutes Dan!" You hear a man shout. You look up to see two tall men standing outside the door which lead into the toilets.

"But I want to go home." The other one argues. You suspect this one to be Dan.

"Give me five minutes." The tallest of the two says before he disappears into the toilets. The other man rolls his eyes and gets his phone out.

"I'm sorry if we were staring." You hear the man speak. You look up to see him looking directly at you.

"There's no if, you were all staring." You state, putting your phone in your pocket. You glare at the man slightly who looks taken aback.

"I didn't mean to. I accidentally made a comment about how nice you looked and then the rest of the guys started teasing me and staring at you." He mumbles quickly, turning light pink. You don't really know what to say. You stare at him in disbelief. "Let me buy you a drink?"

"Uh sure." You say.

"But I think you should look up first." He says. You look up slowly. Mistletoe.

"Do we have to?" You ask slowly.

"It's tradition. Plus nobody else is here." He smiles. You shake your head.

"I'm not drunk enough." You smile, taking his arm.

"I take that as an offence that you have to be drunk to kiss me." The man states.

"What's your name sorry?" You ask.

"Dan. Yours?"

"Y/N. Well Dan, I have to be drunk to kiss someone as good looking as you so I don't get embarrassed." You state.

"You owe me a kiss then."

"Whatever."