Get Ready: Chapter 1, Turn 1

One wintry, late afternoon on a Tuesday, Tanaka walked down a set of stairs to a room that sat on the bottom floor of a school- The particular school, which went by the name of Eddington Academy. On this bottom floor, he'd find his destination- A group of kids and a few professors who prided themselves on being a part of something special. This little something was known as the 'Eddington Cooking Club'. 

        Indeed, this club acted as one of the more interesting and fun clubs in the school, though not many people attended. It functioned as a quiet, quaint place to hang out at. Tanaka proved no exception for the desire to chill around friends, and did just that! 

        "Hey all." Tanaka waved -- his voice quiet -- to the group that he met with every day, making his way through the double doors of the room where the club held its festivities. 

        "Afternoon, Tanaka!" Charlie, Kevin, and Jonah replied as each of them tried to pour flour into a bowl. 

        "I'll just be getting the egg-beaters myself then." The collar of Jonah's green jacket ruffled as a rush of air ran out of his mouth. 

        "You can beat my eggs any day." Charlie winked, his playful character exercising itself. 

        "Ugh! Save that kind of talk for after dessert!" Jonah whipped the air with his right hand.

        "Egg-beaters, please." Kevin scratched the back of his head in an unamused fashion. "Any day now would be great." 

        Tanaka looked down, chuckling. "Sometimes, I forget they're in a homosexual, polygamous relationship." 

        "Hey, Tanaka!" The voice of a familiar female resounded through the room.

        From behind him, Tanaka felt two arms wrap around his waist. When trying to turn around, a curvy figure turned with him. Thus, whoever this affection-giver was, they also liked to behave in a sneaky way, as they clearly didn't want to have themselves discovered. 

        Tanaka decided one of the ways to tell who this was, would be to feel their fingers with his. 

        In the passing seconds as he watched Charlie, Jonah, and Kevin touch each other a lot whilst fiddling with ingredients, the mystery girl's hands were covered with his warm touch. 

        The girl jumped. 

        "Oh. Good evening, Nora." Tanaka waved his long, brown hair around. 

        "Darn it! How'd you guess it was me?" 

        "Your jumps are pretty familiar." 

        "My... jumps?" Nora responded in her giddy voice, her teeth fell into an even smile. "What's that supposed to mean?" 

        "Whatever you want it to." Tanaka turned around with a slow beat, and looked at the short girl. 

        "There you go looking at me with that look again." Nora turned away, a bit slighted, her squeaky, punchy tone rumbling a bit.

        "What look is that?" 

        "The 'she's shorter than me' kinda look." 

        "There's a look for that? Sheesh. Where's the website that could show me all of these 'looks'?" 

        "Attention! Attention! Everyone!" Charlie banged a wooden spoon against a metal pan as he faced a sea of club members. "This week, we'll be working on baking a Coconut Cream Tart! Sounds yummy, huh?" 

        Tanaka ran his fingers through the back of his thick and browned hair. "I've never heard of anything like that before. I'm sure it's a real thing, it's just-"

        "It's actually a special recipe Charlie made up." Nora interrupted, her fingers rubbing together. 

        "Ah. Makes sense." Tanaka sighed, smiling. "Charlie is an aspiring chef after all."

        "Yeah- Oh, and an aspiring photographer. Anyways, all the rising critics on the internet these days will have some interesting material to work with, that's for sure."

         Kevin took the eggbeaters that Charlie had fetched a moment earlier. He stirred the bowl which had comprised itself of eggs, vanilla extract, water, milk, and flour. Jonah and Charlie watched as Kevin proved his dexterity skills as a force to be reckoned with. 

        "He really knows how to stir!" Nora's eyes glued themselves to the yellow-eyed student. 

        "I wouldn't know. But, he does look pretty confident. If any online-critic saw him... I'm sure they'd give him a good rating." Tanaka watched as the entire room soon fell silent, save for Kevin's stirring and beating. "Anything I can help with?" 

        "Ah, Mr. Williamson." One of the professors -- an open bi-sexual, sandy blonde, and curvy woman, by the name of Ms. Henderson -- moved toward the guy. "Sure. Could you put the orange juice away? Tsk." 

        "We were using orange juice?" Nora raised an eyebrow. 

        Ms. Henderson winked as she spoke in a somewhat husky tone. "No, I was just thirsty." 

        "You're always thirsty!" Nora laughed. 

        "You're telling me." Charlie's voice rippled through the air as the boy proceeded to wag his left hand.     

        ________________