Chapter 3: Turn 2

"Man, I wanna cuddle." Charlie yawned after slaving over the stove one Sunday evening.

     "Sure thing! Let's go out on the patio and... take in the air." Jonah grinned. 

     "Doesn't it take out the effect if you say it aloud?" Kevin smiled as he followed his two boyfriends. 

     "Good point." Charlie winked, shaking in his red shirt. "But... Jonah's a talker, and I won't stop him."  

     "Hm, that so?" Grinning with shiny teeth, Jonah held Kevin's hand in his left, Charlie's in his right. 

     The three boys looked outside at the sky. The sun was beginning to pack up and settle among the clouds, which had held it comfortably, like secure blankets. Rays of sunshine sparkled between trees and grass which were still wet from a recent rain. 

     "Will you hold me, like the way the clouds hold the sun when it sets?" Charlie looked Jonah in the eyes. 

     "You betcha." The comb-over, ginger smiled, merrily. 

     "As will I." Kevin nuzzled his hair against Charlie's shoulder. 

     "Ha! You two are the greatest." Charlie stretched out as he leaned among his two boyfriends.

     His blonde hair had now grown to the floor of the patio. 

     Suddenly, Jonah put a forefinger to his lips. "We should get a hot tub, I'd say."  

     "Huh?" Kevin jerked. 

     "Ouch." Charlie put a hand to his face. 

     "Oh- Sorry, honey." 

     "I like it when you're rough, Kev, just not now." 

     Giggling, Kevin shook his head. "Uh, well, those things are... a lot of money. Like, a lot. Furthermore, the maintenance is even worse. I mean... I don't think I've ever really owned a hot-tub or anything, but... damn. I've read reviews of them online, and all I can say is... that they just seem like a can of worms I'd never wanna open." 

     "Hm. Always a positive spin you put on things, eh?" Putting his hand through his hair, Jonah sighed. 

      "I'm just being real." Kevin tightened his face. "Daily consideration should be taken into account when it comes to stuff like that, you know? People let the upkeep on their hot tubs go to waste, and then before you know it... it's broken." 

     "Well, I'm bein' real, too. Charlie and I really love sitting in warm water, and don't wanna waste this apartment's bath water. Hm... how about- Oh, there we go! That new water park that recently opened up?" 

     "Huh?" Charlie blinked up at Jonah's dimpled chin. "Waterpark? Where? Oh God, all the childhood memories are rushing back!" 

     "Haha, that's my little pluviophile. Anyway- Yeah. You know the car company... Hinge Corporate, right?" Jonah looked from the sky to Kevin. "Apparently, hearsay on the internet says that they're thinking of openin' up a new 'amusement area' in their lobby." 

____________